Why do I hear no sound when I call "ok Google?"

Ausbrjl

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Android 7.0
Google 7.1.29.21.arm64
Phone Samsung Note 5
Carrier T-Mobile

"Ok Google' notification tone stopped working and nothing I've tried has gotten it working again. Been doing this since updated to Nougat. Please offer fix to get it working again. Thank you.

I don't know if anyone has already suggested this as a fix for not having volume from Google assistant, but try saying turn it up when it asks how it can help

Last edited by a moderator:

Mdoc7

May 26, 2017
Visit site
I just fixed this on my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.
1.Drag Google app to App Info to get into Google app info
2.Clear the app data (not the cache!)
3. (This will cause Google app to lose the microphone response to "ok google")
4.Start Google app manually (click on it--not the search bar)
5.go through the short setup that results after manual start
6.beep sound response after "ok google" should work.

Last edited:

pdkrones

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Well, about nine months after this conversation ended comma I joined it, because my S6 lost its sound response to the command Okay Google. I've tried everything that's listed above and it doesn't work. It did work always until this moment.

JohnThayerJr

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
There are two known fixes for this problem. I have had this problem multiple times. First, You go to settings, google app, storage, then clear cache and clear managed space. If that does not work then install Clean Master Lite or Power Clean and you have to give the app installed Accesibilty Permisions and Usage access. Then clean your phone and try google again. Both options have worked for me.

JohnD74

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Same problem on s7.

Go to Devices-Settings(google home). Find under "Device Info" click Accessibility-Sounds. Make sure "start on request and end on request are on.

Problem solved.

Jasmin Leblanc

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Same problem on s7.

Go to Devices-Settings(google home). Find under "Device Info" click Accessibility-Sounds. Make sure "start on request and end on request are on.

Problem solved.

As I said, clean master worked, but I've tried to reach your trail and doesn't foud this parameter. Can you give more explanation?

396drew

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
It appears we all have the same problem, lots of questions, no answers. I'll ask again, does anyone know how to get the sound back when executing the command "OK Google?" It used to work but now doesn't.

ccLuv2Cruz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Different device but I fixed mine by going to settings, accessibility and turned on one of my two services! Hope this helps?

lloid

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
This has been broken on my Galaxy Tab S for months, I had given up on it. But NebsTV's fix worked right off the bat. I don't know what app broke it originally, but I hate that app.

msz1261

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 (not Edge) and I noticed it a while ago. I assumed it was an intentional "feature".

The only good fix is the "hack" for turning on a service in accessibility. I tried everything else. In my case I have Avast Mobile Security (turning that on protects Chrome, but I use Firefox, so it was off) and I have Tenor GIF Keyboard. Turning those on enables the beep again. I suspect this is actually a bug and google wants to have the beep turned off. I wish there was an option like there was for Google Home (which I didn't know about until after reading these posts). You probably have the "show me how" feature that is built in which would work also, but unless you want to be constantly annoyed by an assistant, I wouldn't turn that one!

blueonblue

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem tried everything that was suggested here and finally gave up. I installed Hound app. It is fantastic just like Google only much better and so very fast.

MLazarusM2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! This worked on my Galaxy S6, after I fruitlessly uninstalled Updates, Cleared Cache, Manage Space> Cleared All Data on Google.
After installing Talk back I got two new options in accessibility settings, one for TalkBack itself and one for the switch access. Enabled the last and it worked!
Your explanation of Philcraft's TalkBack solution made it clear.

MLazarusM2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
@joe1blue I don't have that option either on Galaxy S6. First @Philcraft said, "If you don't have the option to turn switch access ON, you can try to install Google Talk back or re-enable it and then go back to accessibility and the switch access option should be there" Originally Posted by mhpp
After installing Talk back I got two new options in accessibility settings, one for TalkBack itself and one for the switch access. Enabled the last and it worked!

Last edited:

d0ekun

Jun 3, 2018
Visit site
It appears we all have the same problem, lots of questions, no answers. I'll ask again, does anyone know how to get the sound back when executing the command "OK Google?" It used to work but now doesn't.

This worked for me:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/...e-command-enabling-one-accessibility-service/

I happen to use Nova launcher and I enabled it under the accessibility options. For anyone else wanting to try, there IS a free version. Also, it's a pretty sweet launcher - been using it for years. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney