nexus 6P vs nexus 5X and google fi

adam9997

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had a 6P for three months on Verizon and recently switched to Fi. I have 2 days left on my first billing cycle and 0.74gb used. Interestingly I used on average 2.5gb on Verizon. Sprint and t-mobile have good coverage in my area so I'm very happy with my decision. A nice bonus is the visual voicemail that verizon did not support on 6P. Overall I'm very happy with the service and Fi. My sister uses Fi with 5x and she also loves it. For her the 6p was too big.

Posted via the Android Central App

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Size may be first factor. Son got 6P (from n4). We both love it. Better build quality-a little more premium (as it should be) for a tech nut. DH was leaving the i4s. Didn't care about another apple phone (has always had A computers and tabs). 6p was too big. Sales on 5x had me try it. He loves it. I did get a nice slim case for it. It seems more fragile than my n5. So, it depends what you're looking for. If my n5 were to die before new phones arrive in the fall, I would get 6p not 5x. Depending on what shows up at Google, I may still get the 6p. FWIW, neither of the new phones have even been unlocked. I hope we don't regret it down the road, but both do everything the users want.

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had a 6P for three months on Verizon and recently switched to Fi. I have 2 days left on my first billing cycle and 0.74gb used. Interestingly I used on average 2.5gb on Verizon. Sprint and t-mobile have good coverage in my area so I'm very happy with my decision. A nice bonus is the visual voicemail that verizon did not support on 6P. Overall I'm very happy with the service and Fi. My sister uses Fi with 5x and she also loves it. For her the 6p was too big.

Posted via the Android Central App

My stats on Fi are almost the same as yours and now I'm only paying for 1gb of data per month and not going over .. And never changed my usage habits from when I was on Verizon. I couldn't be happier on Fi.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Nexus 6P

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
.... FWIW, neither of the new phones have even been unlocked. I hope we don't regret it down the road, but both do everything the users want.

Are you referring to the 5X and 6P? As far as I know, they should both be unlocked. Google does not allow their phones to be locked to carriers.

GC

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Definitely go with the 6P, it has a spectacular screen, the N5X doesn't. I had the N5, really like it at the time but when I look at it now it seems so puny. As for Project FI, look at the coverage map to see if it will work for you. I like the idea of Project FI but both T-Mobile and Sprint have terrible coverage outside of major cities. I looked at it but for me it was impossible as they have no coverage in rural New England.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke