Serious Bluetooth Issues with Nexus 6P

paddster7

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I want to like the Nexus 6P. Unfortunately, it has serious connectivity issues with Bluetooth devices that make it impossible to keep this phone.

From the beginning my 6P would not maintain a connection to either my Pebble Watch nor the Alpine stereo in my car. This is what happens:

Watch: I boot up my phone and pair the phone with the watch. They pair successfully and notifications, etc., all work fine. Then, some random time later - sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a few hours - they disconnect. It is impossible to reconnect them unless I unpair the two devices, restart the phone and then repair them. Of course, the same thing occurs over and over.

Car Stereo: I boot up my phone and pair the phone with the car stereo. They pair successfully and hands-free calls, controlling the phone through the stereo, etc., all work fine. Then, again, at some random amount of time later, and usually in the middle of a phone call, the Bluetooth disconnects. The call does not get hung up, it just stops working through the Bluetooth. I then have to take my hands off the steering wheel, grab up the phone, and continue my call with the phone in my hand. Dangerous and against the law in my state.

My wife owns a Samsung Note 4 and we have tried pairing both the watch and car stereo with her phone. The pairing goes fine and the Bluetooth works flawlessly.

There are several threads online that have many 6P owners complaining about similar Bluetooth connectivity issues. They have offered many suggestions about how to fix this problem. None have worked. They often recommend waiting for the next update from Google to fix the problem. No fix has been forthcoming. I returned my phone a couple of weeks ago and received a refurbished replacement from Google. Without installing any applications, other than the latest updates for the OS and installing the application that controls the Pebble Watch, I tried the Bluetooth. Guess what? The exact same thing.

Like I said in the beginning, I really wanted to like this phone.

I am really disappointed Google. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about your frustration. I wonder if there was a bad batch of phones, kind of like how certain LG G4's had a bootloop issue, but this can be hard to determine. Not that it should matter (nor does it make things any better for you), but I haven't had any issues with Bluetooth dropout on my 6P when connecting to my car or to my Huawei Watch.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a Huawei Watch and use a couple different bluetooth headsets (one stereo, one normal for calls), the watch stays connected fairly reliably but I've had random issues with the phone call headset recently, though that's only been at work so it could be an interference issue.

mrPalomar

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Nexus 6. Everything works fine for long periods of time and then the phone refuses to pair with anything it was previously paired with. In my truck I get repeated notifications that the truck is trying to pair with the phone, but if I select pair, nothing happens. I have to forget the phone in the truck and re-add it for it to start working again, and have to wipe my zenwatch and re-pair. This happened on two different Nexus 6 phones and continues to happen.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have my 6P connected to my FitBit, Moto360 watch, and my 2014 Camaro. The FitBit and Moto360 work flawlessly. The Camaro has issues when streaming music (cuts out for a few seconds every 3 minutes or so). I haven't tested it with the April update though.

Arron Borson

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Nexus 6. Everything works fine for long periods of time and then the phone refuses to pair with anything it was previously paired with. In my truck I get repeated notifications that the truck is trying to pair with the phone, but if I select pair, nothing happens. I have to forget the phone in the truck and re-add it for it to start working again, and have to wipe my zenwatch and re-pair. This happened on two different Nexus 6 phones and continues to happen.
I've had intermittent Bluetooth issues with my parrot unit in the car and various other devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy