Does the Huawei Nexus 6P bend easily through everyday use or not?

A

AC Question

I have gone through several online forums and seen several YouTube videos, and never before have I seen so much conflicting information. Some people seem adamant that the Nexus 6P is very poorly constructed, and can be bent rather easily. Others, however, refute this and claim to have no problems with their phones over several months. Even on YouTube, there are both videos that show the phone giving like warm butter, and ones that show the phone to be as sturdy as any other. I don't know who and what to believe any more. Can somebody please this issue to bed once and for all?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Without having the slightest knowledge of, or indeed interest in, the facts, I am going to assert that any bending stories are untrue.
Now, let's see whether I'm right, by trying to locate a 6P owner.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have gone through several online forums and seen several YouTube videos, and never before have I seen so much conflicting information. Some people seem adamant that the Nexus 6P is very poorly constructed, and can be bent rather easily. Others, however, refute this and claim to have no problems with their phones over several months. Even on YouTube, there are both videos that show the phone giving like warm butter, and ones that show the phone to be as sturdy as any other. I don't know who and what to believe any more. Can somebody please this issue to bed once and for all?

ANY phone is going to have a "bend point" If you wear skinny jeans all the time and put your phone in your back pocket and sit on your phone all the time it is probably going to bend eventually. If you just put it in your pocket or whatever and are not putting some kind of crazy force on it the phone is going to be fine. I have had the 6P and it was a very solid phone. Like I said EVERY phone is going to have some kind of bend point it all depends on the pressure.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you try hard enough, yes you can bend it. But if I tried hard enough, I could bend a steel bar that's the width of the phone. In real world use, reports of bending 6P's are pretty rare, and most likely related to excess torque or stress from sitting on it in the back pocket or front pocket. The way I see it, a user should treat their $600 phone as if it cost them $600. If you do that, it won't bend.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it, a user should treat their $600 phone as if it cost them $600. If you do that, it won't bend.

Very much this. I see so many people treat their phones like throw-aways, then complain about its fragility after the thing gets scratched to Hades because they jammed their keys in the same pocket.

Can it bend? Sure. Will it bend easily? No.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for 4-5 months. Keep it naked, and in my back pocket, hasn't bent at all. Still looks great.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Had mine 4 months now,I use it every day at work and at home...if I go out for a few drinks with the missus it`s with me,if I take the dog for a walk,along comes my 6P,if I go for a spirited drive in my Jap sports coupe,yep ,it`s in the car.I keep it in a jacket pocket,my trouser pocket, my shirt pocket.It`s treated with respect as anyone should for an item which cost me £430,around $600.It`s got a $7 clear case and a glass screen protector and if you take even reasonable care with it...NO,IT WON`T BLOODY WELL BEND.......rant over.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Had mine since it came out. Back pocket, front pocket and no case. Guess what? No bending what do ever.

xTrey

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
exactly in your position, wondering to get S6 or 6P... except that "bend problem" 6P > S6, it needs extra treatment as phone is big, but it does not mean it will bend in half like in jerryrig video... and if you put enough pressure, you can bend airplane :D
even though i know all this, still wondering :D :D

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
exactly in your position, wondering to get S6 or 6P... except that "bend problem" 6P > S6, it needs extra treatment as phone is big, but it does not mean it will bend in half like in jerryrig video... and if you put enough pressure, you can bend airplane :D
even though i know all this, still wondering :D :D

Welcome. :)

Bear in mind that the YouTube persons who post 'What happens if you do X to a phone?' care nothing about the damage done to the reputation of the manufacturer and to the sales of the product being abused. Of course, they do care about the money that they receive thanks to their foolish subscribers.

I remember when the iPhone 6 was new, and slandered by some as a bendable device. It had the effect of making me want to go out and buy one, to prove them wrong.

The manufacturers make very sure that they get the structural strength right at an early point in the design process of a new device.

Last edited:

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Nope. I have had my 6P since December and while it might not be as long as others have had it, it has not bend nor suffered any structural damage while I've had it.

#TeamFrosty Nexus 6P

Last edited:

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I was one that preordered the 6P the first week, and have been using it since the first of November and the phone has not bent. Most of the time I've kept the phone in a Spigen Hybrid clear case, though I did go for a month without it in a case, and I carry it in my front pants pocket. It is a very durable phone so long as you don't intentionally try to bend it. I'm additionally very impressed with Gorilla Glass 4, the screen looks great with no scratching.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
JerryRig just happened upon the weakest point of the 6P and applied force there, and that's why he bent it so easily. I'm sure that he would've done the same in many of his other bend tests if he attacked those phones at their weakest points, which he didn't happen to find. The 6P was just unlucky with JerryRig :'(

I wouldn't worry about the 6P bending, especially if you keep it in a case. It feels rock solid and mine hasn't bent in the 2 months I've been using it. Of course it will bend if you try to do so with enough force, but so will anything else in the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995