anyone with a 6P and S7E ?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I have both and cant decide which one to use as my daily driver, regardless of ehat others think, 6P camera is way better, low light and outside, camera quality is better too. Battery on the S7 is a lot better, getting about 5 hours screen on time on the 6P and about 8 on the S7E. 6P is a bit smoother but S7s faster. What to choose...

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I went with the S7E because I really enjoy the camera. It is wicked fast at auto focus and that means a lot for me.

StrikerXL

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I choose 6P as my daily driver, mostly because of the stock software. Camera is matter of taste on both. Samsung has pretty good history on camera with his previous model, which the Nexus never had. Also the SD card can be an added value on S7E. If you live in the USA the 6P is cheaper then S7E. Where I live both phones cost around the same price point. If you don't mind the TouchWiz overlay, then I would say S7E.

Posted via my Google Nexus 6P

tcmoon

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I use the 6P to run android N.. For me it just depends how I feel, as to which one I pick up and use.. Both great phones. Though, because of screen size, I will choose the 6P if I need to read any technical material that's in PDF format.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I chose the S7 Edge as my daily driver after using both for a month. 6P is a great phone but too big. Also love Samsung Pay.

Selling the 6P

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
This is like dating a girl who is a 9 and is blonde, and dating another girl that's a 9 and is brunette, and trying to decide which to chose. To me, this comes down to two things: 1. the problem is you and you just need to settle on one and be happy with the choice or 2. maybe neither of them are truly making you happy and you need to continue searching.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(632186)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I just put my s7e on swappa. Had to go back to stock. The s7e was great but I am addicted to cutting edge updates and got tired of trying to use package Disabler and themes to make my Samsung look like a stock Nexus lol. Plus with Google io around the corner gotta be rocking a nexus!

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Stock and samsung is what i only like. Ive used an M8 before loved it but eh no more htc, would take a V10 but i still prefer an S7 or nexus. I just cant decide which i like better, camera is the S7 even then ugh 6p has higher quality pics, but the battery life is way to phenomenal on the S7E and its a tiny bit faster even though i dont care about that minute difference, its just something i cant choose between and dont know which one to sell lol so i can have extra money and not 2 phones

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Used the s7e for a week and it's going back tomorrow. Great phone, but too small for my taste. Guess I'm just used to the bigger phone form factor like a 6s plus. Picked up a 6p 64gb for $425 which is a steal.

Looking forward to having N on the nexus while Sammy waits about 9 months. No thanks.

Personally the only thing I'll miss is the wireless charging, but usb type c is a nice trade off

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
True. I have both and love both, wish i could have stock android on my S7E and itbwould be perfect, but touchwiz keeps making me love my 6P and so does the smoothness lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678