Wifi calling Verizon

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
You mean a different sort of WiFi calling then this I assume? ... Sorry new to Verizon.... But I just remembered seeing this... But like I said I'm sure you are meaning something different3727.jpg...

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Doubtful. WiFi calling is a feature that needs full integration with the network, which unlocked phones like Nexuses don't have. Not to mention that Verizon hasn't even rolled it out to any phones outside of the Samsungs. The only way for the 6P to get Verizon WiFi calling is if Verizon decides to support the phone, which probably will never happen.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Doubtful. WiFi calling is a feature that needs full integration with the network, which unlocked phones like Nexuses don't have. Not to mention that Verizon hasn't even rolled it out to any phones outside of the Samsungs. The only way for the 6P to get Verizon WiFi calling is if Verizon decides to support the phone, which probably will never happen.

Not true....it is also on the new LG G5 and I believe the IPhone have it as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Oh, I'm mistaken then. I still don't think they'd support it on an unlocked phone like the 6p though.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I'm mistaken then. I still don't think they'd support it on an unlocked phone like the 6p though.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

It just would have been nice to have since it exists on their network. Great for when I go away with no cell service and need to contact the family. I've been using an old iPhone with face time because my family has iphones.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice would be a separate phone number that you can call anyone with and they can call you with it. I don't know if Skype does it for free or not.
Not a perfect solution, but at least a way to call someone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Google Voice does not require that the called person be on it. It's transparent and you can call anywhere in the US and Canada for free using wifi.

You're right I was thinking of a different app..... Anyway that's not my point. I want to be able to do it from my existing number

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You're right I was thinking of a different app..... Anyway that's not my point. I want to be able to do it from my existing number

I just ordered my Nexus 6P 2 days ago and signed up for Project Fi. They offer wifi calling. Once my phone arrives I'm canceling my current ATT account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1