6P Gestures?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
On my LG G4 I was able to answer a call just by picking up the phone and placing it next to my ear. Does the 6P have this feature or any other gestures other than double clicking the power button for the camera? I looked in settings but didn't see anything.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I understand that it's a Google Device. Some Google devices use gestures. For example, I can wake up my Nexus 9 tablet using a double tap. That's a gesture.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
No gestures on the 6P. However, if you use Nova Launcher, you can get a ton of gestures such as down swipe, up swipe, pinch in, pinch out, double tap, twist, etc. and you can assign a variety of commands to each. My favorite is setting double tap to turn the screen off.

If you're willing to unlock the bootloader, you can install a custom kernel, which can enable double tap to wake like on your old G4.

If you're willing to root, I'm sure there are a ton of gestures you could add that I don't know about.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
No gestures on the 6P. However, if you use Nova Launcher, you can get a ton of gestures such as down swipe, up swipe, pinch in, pinch out, double tap, twist, etc. and you can assign a variety of commands to each. My favorite is setting double tap to turn the screen off.

If you're willing to unlock the bootloader, you can install a custom kernel, which can enable double tap to wake like on your old G4.

If you're willing to root, I'm sure there are a ton of gestures you could add that I don't know about.
I already use Nova Launcher and have been for years... :) I know about those gestures... I'm not willing to root just quite yet. I would need a good reason to and I can live without this one gesture... ;)

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I already use Nova Launcher and have been for years... :) I know about those gestures... I'm not willing to root just quite yet. I would need a good reason to and I can live without this one gesture... ;)

Well, unlocking the bootloader isn't the same. It's the step before rooting. It's also VERY easy to do, and easy to undo as well, although you'll need to wipe your data in the process. But it's up to you if it's worth it or not.

Here's a very easy to follow guide on how to bootloader unlock, root, and more: [GUIDE] Unlock/Root/Flash for Nexus 6P | Huawei Nexus 6P