Sound disappears randomly

eesau

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Yep, like the title says, my N6P goes mute every now and then. When that happens there's no music, ring tones, alarms, media sound etc... Basically nothing, but the touch sounds. Even that muffled sound when you hit the power is then gone.

My phone is on stock at the moment and fully updated. Latest vendors and everything... I restored the stock rom after tried many custom roms. Did factory reset too. I had this same problem with custom roms too, so it's not rom related i guess. Not sure what was the case when i bought the phone, because i rooted it almost immediately.

Maybe a Marshmallow -thing...?

Very annoying... Anything to do?

EDIT: Not rooted. Reboot fixes it, but it's temporary. Sounds usually come back at some point without reboot too.
EDIT2: More info. For example Poweramp and Spotify are mute when it happens, but Play Music plays music normally. Pretty weird...

Last edited:

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep, like the title says, my N6P goes mute every now and then. When that happens there's no music, ring tones, alarms, media sound etc... Basically nothing, but the touch sounds. Even that muffled sound when you hit the power is then gone.

My phone is on stock at the moment and fully updated. Latest vendors and everything... I restored the stock rom after tried many custom roms. Did factory reset too. I had this same problem with custom roms too, so it's not rom related i guess. Not sure what was the case when i bought the phone, because i rooted it almost immediately.

Maybe a Marshmallow -thing...?

Very annoying... Anything to do?

EDIT: Not rooted. Reboot fixes it, but it's temporary. Sounds usually come back at some point without reboot too.
EDIT2: More info. For example Poweramp and Spotify are mute when it happens, but Play Music plays music normally. Pretty weird...

This used to happen to me too. Even back on my old nexus 6. It happened on my 6p, but after the Jan update, it hasn't come back. I would notice the first thing to go would be system sounds, and then you couldn't play music, or videos. A reset would fix it, then it would come back after 48 hrs. I have no idea what fixed it, but it's been gone since Jan.

Posted via the Android Central App

eesau

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Update.

Well, I rooted the phone again, installed TWRP, wiped everything, then installed latest version of Pure Nexus (layers edition) custom rom on it and now the bug's gone. I've been using Pure Nexus maybe a week now, no sound problems at all.

Who knows what it was, and why it works now. I've used Pure Nexus rom before and it did lose the sounds then. Well... Fingers crossed that it works from now on.

eesau

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Ok, it's back.

I'm beginning to think that it might be Yatzy Classic game what messes the system sounds. The problem occured around the same time when i started to play that game. And i've noticed that the sounds in that game don't work properly, sometimes they just disappear. So, maybe it somehow interferes with the system sounds.

Of course i could easily test my theory by uninstalling the game, but can't do that. I'm addicted to it. :D

I wonder if the others that have the same problem play that game also...

EDIT: It's Yatzy World, not Classic...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC