Simultaneous Talk/Data disappeared

Mbrill73

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I have been able to talk and surf simultaneously until yesterday. Not sure what happened but I have tried everything to fix it with no luck.
Reset apn to default
Spoke with Verizon and enhanced calling is active.
Tried safe mode.
Any suggestions?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been able to talk and surf simultaneously until yesterday. Not sure what happened but I have tried everything to fix it with no luck.
Reset apn to default
Spoke with Verizon and enhanced calling is active.
Tried safe mode.
Any suggestions?

That is usually your phone provider, not the phone itself. I would contact them

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Very odd. Are you getting an LTE signal? I'm not sure if the Nexus supports talk/data on 3G but I do know most phones no longer do since the additional antenna used extra battery.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
CDMA doesn't support simultaneous talk and data, LTE does. Check your network connection to make sure that you have an LTE connection. LTE Discovery or Network SIgnal Pro will tell you what type of connection you have.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Correction, most CDMA phones don't support it, but if the phone has SVDO, it will. The only phones I remember having SVDO is the HTC Thunderbolt and Rezound. Verizon didn't advertise it, because in their words the quality wasn't great (voice quality suffered while using it and data was IIRC running at 2G 1xRt speeds, so horribly slow). But it requires the hardware to support it, which most OEMS didn't bother with it.

IIRC, the Thunderbolt was originally slated to be a 3G device, and SVDO would've given Verizon customers the ability to do simultaneous voice and data (something AT&T was beating up on Verizon with in their ads). But when they decided to make the Thunderbolt an LTE device, which meant you could do voice on 3G and data over LTE, SVDO wasn't considered a selling point even though the phone supported it. And as I said before, SVDO wasn't a great experience, where with LTE you had 3G voice and LTE data speeds, so it was a no brainer. Of course since their LTE network coverage was so limited, many people couldn't make use of simultaneous v&d because they had no LTE coverage, so SVDO would've been good for people not covered by LTE.

Just wanted to clear up the misconception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12