Static / sound complaints from other side of phone call - not bluetooth.

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
First off, this is by far the best Android phone I've ever owned - I'm a huge fan.

Secondly, this isn't about bluetooth-related calls. While my Bluetooth, whether calls or media, is spotty at best when in the car (it connects and drops all the time), I can't be certain the problem is the phone and not the car, so I'm not posting about that.

What I am posting about are numerous and frequent complaints from people on the other end of a phone call (when I'm speaking directly into the handset) complaining that they can barely hear me, that the call is breaking up, or that they hear static. This is sometimes resolved when I switch from the handset to speaker mode (I don't know how that would impact the mic on my end), but other times it isn't.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is it a known issue or problem, or poor luck on my end? I've never had these complaints before, and this can happen at times/in places where cover is great. TIA for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do people always complain about poor voice quality when you're speaking into the primary phone mic? Speakerphone usually engages the secondary mic, so if the primary mic is faulty, that can be why speakerphone calls sound better.

Also, which carrier do you have? Could it be a problem with the carrier network in your area?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd bring it to the carrier's repair facility. It could be lint in the mic hole, it could be a defective mic, it could be a lot of things.

And remember, Bluetooth has a range of about 3 feet in clear air (earphones are Class 3 - 1mw power, 1 meter range). Absorbtive dashboard materials can cut that to inches. (They don't design cars with Bluetooth meters, just rules.) A phone in your left front pants pocket and the earphone in your right ear can give you problems because your body is an absorber. But the same phone and earphone can work for 25 feet in clear air.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae