My Nexus 6P's music volume is so very low compare to my iPod. I am using a beats by dre cord studio headphone and the volume is lower than ipod. Can i fix that?
    05-12-2016 08:13 PM
    That's a low volume headset coupled with Google's desire to not deafen you. (One good blast can reduce your hearing by 100db PERMANENTLY. How do I know? Even my hearing aids aren't like working ears. After decades in a noisy industry, I'm practically deaf. (You learn to read lips without realizing that you did.) My left ear went out from a single blast of a didgeridoo about 150 feet away. (A 10 foot long one is VERY loud when it's aimed at you.)
    05-13-2016 12:04 AM
    Are you listening to your music stored locally on the 6P or are you streaming it from an app like spotify. Reason I ask is if your music is on your phone rather than streaming to your phone then I would recommend the poweramp app. You can use the pre-amp gain under eq settings taking the volume to a satisfactory level without distortion.

Also, I know the google music app has an EQ under settings which can boost the volume levels.

As for various volume booster apps, I've found that they don't do much for boosting the output on my 6P. Maybe someone else knows one that actually works.

Edit...

This article just came about dealing with apps that provide a system wide volume boost. Worth a shot!

http://www.androidcentral.com/best-e...r-apps-android
    05-13-2016 12:09 AM
    The 6p is known to have weak output from its headphone jack. It's good quality audio, but it's just not loud enough. I got around the problem by rooting my phone and using a custom kernel to boost the output and now it's more than loud enough!

This is the best part about owning a Nexus. If you don't like something about your phone, 90% of the time you can fix it with root and a kernel, ROM, or an xposed module.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.
    05-13-2016 12:22 AM
    If you have the phone's equalizer turned on, it will lower the volume level.
    05-13-2016 01:56 PM
    I am using the earbuds I got with my M9 and they are plenty loud with the 6P. At least as loud and the M9 is supposed to have a better amp.
    05-13-2016 03:13 PM
    That's the single thing that I don't like about the 6p is the headphone volume and quality

Nexus 6p, gold
    05-14-2016 03:45 PM