I'm in the Nexus family

laddie79

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
After just under 6 months with my Galaxy S6, I finally managed to convince my carrier to let me return my S6 and swap it for a 6P.
Yes, I'm sure to some people that may seem like a crazy decision but that phone has been my worst yet. (I proffered the S5). I'm not a particularly heavy user of my phone but I was having to charge to S6 twice a day, it kept crashing and freezing even after being repaired by the Samsung store guys and the camera focus/aperture wobbled like crazy when opening making it useless to get a quick picture.

So I'm getting my 6P today and looking forward to it. Going to be my first Nexus! :cool:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey :) not many people would think it's crazy to swap an s6 for a Nexus 6p :) I don't even think it would be crazy to swap the s7 for a Nexus 6p :)

it's a great device, one I'm sure you'll love.

By the sounds of it you had a lemon of a phone when it came to the S6, but either way the 6p is one of the best phones you can buy today - enjoy :D

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm no fan of Samsung, but what you went through with the S6 seems extreme even for them.

Regardless, welcome to the Nexus family! Enjoy the freedom of it!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
After just under 6 months with my Galaxy S6, I finally managed to convince my carrier to let me return my S6 and swap it for a 6P.
Yes, I'm sure to some people that may seem like a crazy decision but that phone has been my worst yet. (I proffered the S5). I'm not a particularly heavy user of my phone but I was having to charge to S6 twice a day, it kept crashing and freezing even after being repaired by the Samsung store guys and the camera focus/aperture wobbled like crazy when opening making it useless to get a quick picture.

So I'm getting my 6P today and looking forward to it. Going to be my first Nexus! :cool:
Welcome to the Nexus family. You will be very happy with the 6P. I've had mine since day 1, no issues. Nothing in my opinion breasts stock Android, simplicity, no lag and fast updates. Enjoy

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

The nexus 6p is my first nexus as well. Enjoy the phone!

KeyserS0ze

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I just switched over to a Nexus 6p after 7 months with a MotoXP, which I very much liked but I wanted to switch to Google Project Fi and also enjoy wifi calling again. I was set on the MXP mostly because of the sd storage which I really didn't need after all.

This is my first Nexus phone (already have a 2013 Nexus 7 tablet) and only second Android phone (after many years of iphones).

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This is my first Nexus phone. I've been so happy with my Nexus 7 and Nexus 9 tablets that I had to make a complete set! :)

laddie79

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all. Phone arrived yesterday and I'm loving it. Nice to have an unskinned version of Android without the bloat, and the battery life is absolutely killing the S6.
Fast, slick and smart - I like it!

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. Phone arrived yesterday and I'm loving it. Nice to have an unskinned version of Android without the bloat, and the battery life is absolutely killing the S6.
Fast, slick and smart - I like it!
I came from the S6 and even though I had nowhere near the problems you had,I find that my 6P is simply the best android phone out there.There is NOTHING that I`d swap it for.Enjoy your new 6P :cool:

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I came from the S6 and even though I had nowhere near the problems you had,I find that my 6P is simply the best android phone out there.There is NOTHING that I`d swap it for.Enjoy your new 6P :cool:

I just got mine 2 weeks ago, and I agree, I don't think there's a phone I'd swap it for.

Posted via the Android Central App

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I may be joining soon too. Gonna see if I can switch to AT&T and have them buy out my G4 and/or join the unlimited data offer they have w/DTV.

I'm on my fourth G4 (when I get the new one today) and sick of it, and LG and Verizon refuse to pay the remaining balance on this POS of a phone - hoping AT&T can do something for me in paying it off and me giving them my money monthly.

I'm willing to take a small hit on the camera for less hassle and a reliable phone.

66SMASHerG25

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I may be joining soon too. Gonna see if I can switch to AT&T and have them buy out my G4 and/or join the unlimited data offer they have w/DTV.

I'm on my fourth G4 (when I get the new one today) and sick of it, and LG and Verizon refuse to pay the remaining balance on this POS of a phone - hoping AT&T can do something for me in paying it off and me giving them my money monthly.

I'm willing to take a small hit on the camera for less hassle and a reliable phone.

I feel for you. I had a G4 and there's no way I would ever go back to that phone. You'll be much much happier with the 6p.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

IMO, you're not really taking a hit on the camera. Unless you like manual controls, I don't on a phone, I'm an amateur photographers and I save all that for my DSLR.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
IMO, you're not really taking a hit on the camera. Unless you like manual controls, I don't on a phone, I'm an amateur photographers and I save all that for my DSLR.

I guess that's true. I rarely used the manual controls, as sometimes they just didn't get me what I wanted.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Just joined the family as well. Had an S6 for almost a full year, traded it for a G4 which was a HUGE mistake. While i had no major problems with my S6, the battery was a pain point and the screen size was just too small....i have big thumbs and would constantly have issues typing. I traded for the G4 for the bigger screen and sd card slot, but i think i got a lemon because the reception was BRUTAL and connection would constantly drop on my network (was from another carrier, unlocked). I did love the camera (it was better than the S6), i give LG props especially coming from my work phone G3. updated to Nexus 6P. WOW man, i am blown away by this device....it has exceeded all of my expectations, and this coming from someone who was researching the device for 4 months. Its my second Nexus (5 was my first, loved it...dropped in water and damaged) and I zero gripes with it so far. Its my first phablet, so I am getting used to it size still but the typing, reading and browsing experience is exceptional.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20