06-13-2016 06:16 PM
123 1234 ...
tools
    I installed the new N beta last night and ended up going back to Marshmallow in short order. None of the apps I have from the Amazon Appstore work. Every single one of them failed to run. Apps from the Play store seemed to all work quite well.

A.
    05-20-2016 11:33 AM
    I installed the new N beta last night and ended up going back to Marshmallow in short order. None of the apps I have from the Amazon Appstore work. Every single one of them failed to run. Apps from the Play store seemed to all work quite well.

A.
    That's interesting. We just became Prime members so I downloaded the Amazon apps and they all work fine for me on the latest N update.
    05-20-2016 12:48 PM
    Any particular apps not work with the beta? Also hearing the stock camera app doesn't work right. Can anyone confirm this to be true?
    My camera wouldn't work until I restarted the phone, but it's been fine for 8 hours.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-20-2016 01:46 PM
    When I first got it, it threw me in a bootloop with no recovery. Did a full reset and it works flawlessly. There's only one app that I use that won't work. That dev said they won't be updating until after N is released. Camera works, no lag, no system crashes.
    05-20-2016 02:14 PM
    Has anyone noticed battery improvement using N? Right now with the May update, my 6P has been running pretty well and I've seen a noticeable increase (~10%) in battery performance vs the April update.
    05-20-2016 04:12 PM
    Has anyone noticed battery improvement using N? Right now with the May update, my 6P has been running pretty well and I've seen a noticeable increase (~10%) in battery performance vs the April update.
    N has an enhanced Doze feature, so it'll idle better than M will. A less strict Doze kicks in quickly, with the full Doze coming in when it normally would.

Plus, I have a suspicion that they squashed a big somewhere in the kernel between April and May... even on 6, May seemed to be a tick better.
    05-20-2016 06:01 PM
    I've been running it for a couple days as well on my 6P and every app I use runs just fine. Doze is better as well. I like the little improvements to settings, notifications and the quick access.
    05-20-2016 06:31 PM
    It's been very reliable for me. Haven't had any apps not work and it's been stable.

05-20-2016 07:34 PM
    I've had no major issues here apart from the settings app crashing every now and then, and some small things that I can live with. Really loving the split screen multitasking though
    05-20-2016 08:39 PM
    I just installed it today and I'm hoping it fixes the random popping I hear while listening to music on Bluetooth and the Auto-Brightness glitch where the display randomly changes levels for no reason.
    05-20-2016 10:43 PM
    Cool! I'm noticing my system app crashes a lot. And also when I'm in the preferences and then a notification center that seems to freeze up a lot as well

I had a camera crash today (while taking 3 dozen videos as my daughter tested for her blue belt) that required a reboot before the app would work again. It's the most severe thing that's happened to me so far, but in the end really wasn't a big deal (it let the phone dissipate some heat while it restarted at least).
    05-21-2016 02:28 AM
    Installed it this morning myself, no issues to report of

I let it do its thing and then rebooted the phone again, just as a precautionary etc...

All the apps I have work with no issues; just haven't tried out the Bluetooth connection in my car yet, but will trial that later etc
    05-21-2016 03:11 AM
    Installed since able and using as my main with no issues
    05-21-2016 07:14 AM
    I haven't tried the Bluetooth but so far I've noticed my Ambient Light sensor has been much more stable. I'm really hoping this continues because it's a promising thing to see.
    05-21-2016 10:37 AM
    No issues for me so far other than seemed to have lost the ability to start the camera from a double tap of the power button. Anyone else get that to work?

05-21-2016 03:57 PM
    Running the latest beta as daily driver, so far good and no major show stoppers.
    05-21-2016 04:08 PM
    Mine didn't run so good after about a day I went back to marshmallow. I didn't do a factory reset either though so maybe that would have helped

05-21-2016 05:21 PM
    "Safe" is something that varies greatly according to the individual user. In terms of beta software, Android N seems pretty safe. For a beta, it runs very well with relatively few issues. OTOH, if you use your 6P as a business phone and need it for work, then I would say it isn't safe.

While the beta does appear to run well, there are apps that have issues (one I've heard is HBO Go). Additionally, some people do have issues with battery life or crashes -- and many of them haven't yet found the cause. It likely will crash on you at some point or another, maybe once every week or two. If use your phone only for personal use, and you don't mind the occasional glitch, I would say it is safe. If you have to have your phone working at all times or get frustrated when it quits working quite right, then it likely isn't safe for you.
    05-21-2016 06:51 PM
    No issues for me so far other than seemed to have lost the ability to start the camera from a double tap of the power button. Anyone else get that to work?

Just tested this and it works for me.

"Safe" is something that varies greatly according to the individual user. In terms of beta software, Android N seems pretty safe. For a beta, it runs very well with relatively few issues. OTOH, if you use your 6P as a business phone and need it for work, then I would say it isn't safe.

While the beta does appear to run well, there are apps that have issues (one I've heard is HBO Go). Additionally, some people do have issues with battery life or crashes -- and many of them haven't yet found the cause. It likely will crash on you at some point or another, maybe once every week or two. If use your phone only for personal use, and you don't mind the occasional glitch, I would say it is safe. If you have to have your phone working at all times or get frustrated when it quits working quite right, then it likely isn't safe for you.
    I found that the Comcast TV application fails to open too. I don't use it so its not a big deal though.
    05-21-2016 07:38 PM

A.
    I am having the same problem with Amazon Appstore apps. Other than that great so far. I am going to use it awhile longer before I decide if I am going to revert back to Marshmallow.

05-21-2016 09:23 PM
    Has anyone else found type-c usb options working intermittently? As in, I plug an OTG into my 6P and I can't change it from supplying power to transferring files? However I can change options when I plug into a computer, yet not with my type-c battery pack...
    05-21-2016 11:25 PM
    If you watch videos and uses MX player you shouldn't Android N got better this time now stable but few things won't work
    05-22-2016 03:47 AM
    Anyone had installed latest beta on your 6p? Thanks.
    Yea , I did. And the next day I went back to marshmallow. I had been running on the first two preview releases. The first one was way to buggy. Only lasted on that a week. Preview 2 was very stable. Only a few issues would make me reboot often to get it all running right . Then the Beta that was just released I had more app crashes/freezes then I had with the first two.
    So, I rolled back to Marshmallow. So, I hope 4th release fixes those issues.
    05-22-2016 07:41 AM
    Has anyone else found type-c usb options working intermittently? As in, I plug an OTG into my 6P and I can't change it from supplying power to transferring files? However I can change options when I plug into a computer, yet not with my type-c battery pack...
    Yep.

05-22-2016 11:57 AM
    I updated my Nexus 6 to Android N Beta to see if it was stable enough to update on my 6P. I think that Android N Beta works great but I've been having problems connecting my 6 to my Bluetooth in my car and launching several non-Google apps like Groupme. I think I'm going to wait to update my 6P until the final build comes out. I probably will do a factory reset once the final build of N is available, as well.

I'm really hoping that Android N will fix some of the HDR lag on the 6P. Love taking photos with this thing--it's truly the best camera I've ever used in my life--but HDR processing has been so slow. Also seeing quite a bit of lag recently (unsure if this has to do with dwindling empty storage on my 6P) and hoping that Android N will fix it.

But I think I'll wait until the final build just because the 6P is my all-around daily-driver (as a camera, for personal use, work, music, and in the car) and I don't want to risk any big problems.
    05-22-2016 02:10 PM
123 1234 ...