06-13-2016 06:16 PM
123 12345
tools
    Send kinda if silly if the Nexus 6p is your daily driver. I rely on it too much to put beta software on it

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2016 10:36 PM
    Send kinda if silly if the Nexus 6p is your daily driver. I rely on it too much to put beta software on it

My Nexus 6P is my daily driver but I'm running beta. However, I rely on it for personal reasons rather than business reasons so it's worth the risk of issues to me. In other words, the risk is low due to my needs. However, I am not taking any chances with my alarm clock not working though! I have the alarm set but I also set a standalone alarm clock just in case there is a glitch in the system. Maybe I should do this regardless of it being in beta or not, lol.
    05-22-2016 11:37 PM
    I am having the same problem with Amazon Appstore apps. Other than that great so far. I am going to use it awhile longer before I decide if I am going to revert back to Marshmallow.
    Any luck on getting apps from the Amazong Appstore to work on the beta yet? I have not seen much discussion on this so I am wondering if it is just a few of us having the issue. If so, what are we doing wrong?

A.
    05-23-2016 08:09 AM
    Unfortunately, I heard the popping noise while listening to music on Bluetooth a bit more often with Android N than I ever did with Marshmallow. It's a beta, sure, but I feel like this issue should be resolved by now and it's really having a negative effect on my Nexus experience.
    05-23-2016 09:23 AM
    It's been almost a week with Preview 3, it's been very solid. I'm comfortable in recommending it as a daily driver at this point.
    booboolala2000 likes this.
    05-23-2016 09:29 AM
    Anyone had installed latest beta on your 6p? Thanks.
    I have the latest Beta Preview. It is very solid in my opinion. A few minor apps crash, but most seem to be working fine. Doze isn't perfect either in my results.
    05-23-2016 12:54 PM
    You may have an app that is causing you these problems. Any sort of task manager might be doing this. As far as Google apps and stock Android, this build should not be freezing up or crashing. I have not seen any reports indicating otherwise. But maybe you might want to FDR yours.
    05-23-2016 01:00 PM
    I installed the new N beta last night and ended up going back to Marshmallow in short order. None of the apps I have from the Amazon Appstore work. Every single one of them failed to run. Apps from the Play store seemed to all work quite well.

A.
    You should ask Amazon what the deal is.
    05-23-2016 01:01 PM
    Is there anyway to force the update onto my 6P? I signed up for the beta a couple days ago and still haven't received it. I keep checking for it in the setting but nothing.
    05-23-2016 01:06 PM
    I installed the Beta Preview this morning on my N6P daily driver and all my "go to" apps work. A few of my installed third party apps don't work, but all the Google Android apps and Textra SMS Pro function properly. I have a N5 running 6.01 so I have access to the "broken" apps if I need them.
    05-23-2016 01:15 PM
    Is there anyway to force the update onto my 6P? I signed up for the beta a couple days ago and still haven't received it. I keep checking for it in the setting but nothing.
    I would really suggest you look into flashing the beta on your own. I mean, it's one of those valuable skills to know if you own a Nexus.
    05-23-2016 01:19 PM
    I would really suggest you look into flashing the beta on your own. I mean, it's one of those valuable skills to know if you own a Nexus.
    I'll give it a shot, I've never done it before. Is it easy using a Mac?
    05-23-2016 01:24 PM
    I'll give it a shot, I've never done it before. Is it easy using a Mac?
    I do not own one, so I can't say... but looking at the info online, it seems to be pretty much the same as the other platforms. It's a surprisingly easy and straightforward process wrapped up in a package that can frighten the hell out of a first time user. Once you get the environment set up on your Mac (which you need only do once) everything from there is gravy.
    05-23-2016 01:33 PM
    Un-enroll and then re-enroll and see if that works!

I enrolled and it literally happened there & then

Make sure you're using the right email address too!
    05-23-2016 02:52 PM
    I do not own one, so I can't say... but looking at the info online, it seems to be pretty much the same as the other platforms. It's a surprisingly easy and straightforward process wrapped up in a package that can frighten the hell out of a first time user. Once you get the environment set up on your Mac (which you need only do once) everything from there is gravy.
    It's easiest of all on a Mac. Install Android Studio, open terminal in the right directory and enter the commands. Honestly, that's all that is required.
    matt3166 and AudiMalc like this.
    05-23-2016 02:55 PM
    I have a Nexus 6p with N on it that I use as my daily driver and havent had any problems yet.
    05-23-2016 03:04 PM
    I've got N running on Pixel C, 6P, 5X and 6. Most OS niggles are fixed.

I have some spots where I quickly jump between WiFi, Sprint and T-Mo on Fi. All three phones still have issues switching fast enough in those places, often needing a reboot or manually entering the Fi dialer codes for the right network to get it working again. Most places I have zero problems.

Would recommend, even on Fi.
    05-23-2016 03:15 PM
    With regard to the issue with Amazon Appstore apps not running on N preview 3 I found this:

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...tail?id=210715

Still not finding much on people who might be running it successfully so it may just be broken for now and we'll have to wait for preview 4.

A.
    05-23-2016 03:24 PM
    Jerry wee bit off topic but how you finding the N Beta on your Pixel C? I've got it on my 6p and think it's stable enough and want to try the Pixel C

05-23-2016 04:04 PM
    I dare not install this on my Nexus 6P yet as I discovered that OTG to my DAC does not work especially as I tend to use USB Audio out a hell of a lot.
    I have tried a few apps USB Audio Player Pro, Hiby Audio, different cables all with the same result.
    Good thing I still have my Nexus 6P and OnePlus One otherwise my Mojo would be feeling left out.
    05-23-2016 04:38 PM
    HBOGO is the only app I've found that doesn't work.

I've also noticed that I tend to be on HSPA more often than what I noticed before...but that my be my imagination.
    05-23-2016 05:19 PM
    OK. I join the beta program, receive N as a beta, later am upgraded to the release version, then I leave the beta program and my phone is not given an OTA that wipes my data. It merely stays on the release version.

Do I have this right?
    05-23-2016 05:30 PM
    Jerry wee bit off topic but how you finding the N Beta on your Pixel C? I've got it on my 6p and think it's stable enough and want to try the Pixel C

Do it. Some apps don't work. Some apps get funky, but still work. But the OS itself is a solid beta — I'm not flashing back.

OK. I join the beta program, receive N as a beta, later am upgraded to the release version, then I leave the beta program and my phone is not given an OTA that wipes my data. It merely stays on the release version.

Do I have this right?
    Not sure yet. That would be the easy way and the right way, but Google doesn't always do what is easy or right.

If I were to guess, I would guess that the way you describe is how it will happen.
    RandomSF likes this.
    05-23-2016 06:43 PM

Do I have this right?
    From what I recall, you do get an OTA when you leave the beta, or at least are supposed to. Despite being an OTA it does wipe the phone.
    05-23-2016 06:51 PM
    How can I enroll in the N beta?
    05-23-2016 07:47 PM
123 12345