I had this once before where the screen was black but could feel the fingerprint sensor working then got it going by plugging in and power+vol. down. Now seems the same, I see flashes of the screen (it's on the login now for password) , I hear notifications come in, but nothing I do can get the screen to normal again, or to get into the android boot screen, I guess you call it, with 4 options or so?

I also get a blue led flashing sometimes.

I have mashed buttons, it takes photos sometimes, but holding power button for awhile then the power+vol to go to boot screen doesn't do anything.

I plugged into windows and comes up, shows battery at 11% right now, but says no photos to import and shows no files at all.

If no idea how to start, any way to use a different screen? (btw, have tried a USB mouse connected to a C to A USB cable before and that never worked. Was hoping somehow to use a monitor now to get going and anyway later.)

Thank you!
    05-20-2016 11:46 AM
    I posted this message above. Right after posting I picked up the phone, still plugged into the PC, and it stayed on for longer than ever, like 5 seconds, I signed in. and... went off again

So, I tried to turn off but no idea really if off (figerprint doesn't buzz anyway, then try vol down and power but nothing.

So, does it sound like a loose power wire to the screen and thus...? I'm overseas so not easy to send back to the google store.

thanks for any suggestions.

(I don't know why it gets better over days as last time, and here seems to be too. Bizarre.)
    05-20-2016 12:01 PM
    I think it just connected to my speaker and while I was pressing vol down and power it goes: "DOOMdoom......DODODOdoom" repeatedly. What is that?
    05-20-2016 01:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try forcing a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for at least 10-15 seconds. Then boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition: https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-cl...n-the-nexus-6p
    05-20-2016 06:39 PM
    see above; nothing happens when I hold the power button. (sometimes the flash fires.) actually, i think it does turn off sometimes but i can't see the screen to do the 2nd part as I was trying before.

I just did it and think it turned off because disappeared from the PC file explorer but I never see the boot screen so not sure where I am.

sometimes the screen comes on but each time then I've entered the password but as soon as I do it goes black again immediately
    05-21-2016 06:52 AM
    It may not be worth your trouble--can you get a replacement from Google?
    05-21-2016 11:24 AM
    i haven't asked yet

bizarrely it came on today for the longest time, there was a system update so I thought that would fix it and... died again right when finished.
    05-27-2016 08:50 PM
    I think I will go for a replacement even though...

just to give others hope: as I was saying, there was an update so did that and then... died right when finished. Cut to an hour later: Blip, blop, FLASH, blip, blooOOOMMM no idea why but came on after and has stayed on for many hours now including a tumble. I went and cleared about 10 top items cache/data but I don't know that helped at all.

no bloody clue. why would it work normally again when everything said screen connection?
    05-28-2016 02:11 PM
    I think it may be possessed. My recommendation is to call an exorcist.

But in all honestly, I'd ask for a replacement. I don't see them saying no to that.
    05-28-2016 08:22 PM
    yeah, it flaked out again. seemed to be a pressure point top right outside related to it.

thanks
    06-02-2016 10:57 PM
    Just wanted to state that I am experiencing the same problem as OP. You're not alone.
    06-20-2016 05:13 PM
    Has anyone found a solution for the problem? it just happened with me.
    12-06-2016 02:17 PM
    I had this happen two weeks ago and posted a thread asking about it. I got hardly any responses so I just ask the mods to close my thread as it seemed like no one cared to respond or in a way offer some type of advice. I did some research and digging on the issue and I'm not sure if you've tried this but here is what I did which fixed it and it's been fine since then. I actually held the power button down with the volume up I think not for just 20 seconds but for well over a minute. All the sudden a recovery screen came to life. I did a factory reset in recovery mode and then when I reinstalled everything I did another regular factory reset in regular mode. After that my 6p has worked perfectly.

PS.. if the volume up like I mentioned with the power button doesn't work after a minute plus then try volume down. I can't remember which I used on the volume. Be patient and keep them both pushed even to over a minute and you should get a recovery screen to appear. I was about to take mine in for repair but did more research before as I knew my screen functioned bc I could hear buttons being pushed on my password screen even though it was as blacked out. Hope this helps you.
    12-06-2016 11:50 PM