I posted this in the S7 forum as well. I have an offer to trade my 32gb Nexus 6p for a brand new s7 32gb. I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat and if they have regretted their decision at all. I love the 6p it's hasn't given me any problems but I like the smaller form factor of the s7

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-06-2016 02:17 PM
    I just got my 6p and am really enjoying the Android N beta. I have never had a Nexus before so I am really enjoying having the latest from Google. I wouldn't want to give that up.

That being said, the S7 is a great phone. It's also selling for about $100 more than the 6p on Swappa.com so you could always sell it and buy another 6p if you change your mind.

Good luck deciding. I don't think there is a bad choice there either way.
    06-06-2016 02:29 PM
    I'm tempted by the S7 Edge and the HTC 10. They're both amazing phones, with SD expansion, slightly better specs, but ultimately they don't get the super fast updates and also have bloatware. You really can't go wrong with the S7 or 6P.
    06-06-2016 03:28 PM
    It boils down to what you want out of a phone. If the be all end all is camera AND you like what the s7 spits out...then go that route. If update timeliness is the top priority...then stick with the nexus.

The nice thing about Android is there really isn't one answer (no matter how much people like to tell you). I personally love my Nexus...my wife absolutely hated hers but thinks the S7 is the best phone in the world. Why? Well she loves taking pictures and likes the size. She could give 2 rips about software updates...and actually hates them.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-06-2016 05:21 PM
    The S7E camera is eh. Prefer my 6Ps camera almost all circumstances. Less noise, crisper, clearer, more real life pictures. The S7 is so oversharpened, when zooming in, a ton of detail is lost in pictures. Low light pics, the s7 is a lot grainier, and colors get very washed out when very low light. 6p just needs dual pixel tech and ios abd it had the best phonr camera ever.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-06-2016 05:24 PM
    The 6P has Android N today, the S7 won't get it for a year at which point the Android Oreo previews will already be available on the 6P. Software is much more important than hardware at this point, the S7 has a faster processor but the 6P's is fast enough. I think the best course is to buy a Nexus every other year, if you already have the 6P then wait for the 2017 Nexus before doing an upgrade.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    06-06-2016 06:04 PM