Just bought

Dvs1j

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Me a silver 6p 128gb. It arrives tomorrow and I am excited as its my first Nexus device. Been wanting one, but nothing came close to me pulling the trigger. Got it for $150 off. I hate my s7 edge. Not the phone so much as the limited space and Samsung's TouchWiz. I removed as much bloat as I could and run Nova to stop the TouchWiz, but having the phone for less than month and having less than 10 gb available space did it for me. I'm on Verizon, so any tips for a new nexus user will be helpful.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations. I'm on Verizon as well and also just got my 6p. It's my first nexus as well. I am running Android N beta and love it. I've had a few crashes but it's worth it. After you get settled with the phone I can recommend checking it out.
Being on Verizon, visual voicemail doesn't work so I recommend setting up voicemail through Google Voice. It works great. I just have my unanswered calls forwarded to Voice and it works perfectly. Enjoy your phone!

The o

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Doesnt the S7 edge support sd card and in turn potentially provide more storage than the Nexus you bought?

Either way, I just got my Nexus 6P almost two weeks ago and I love it. Like you I dislike TW, even with this lighter weight variation Samsung's got going on. You may miss some of the nest features the S7e offered but using stock Android is worth giving it up, just so awesome. Welcome to the club, you'll love it...give thoughts once you get it.

mrdoon

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Also a new 6P owner on Verizon. Any suggestions for network settings (phone is set to global out of the box)? Thanks!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I left mine the way it is and I have VZW. You can switch from Global to LTE/CDMA so it doesn't search all other bands. It saves s bit of battery but with the processors now, it doesn't make much difference. I have mine on global.

Other the that, puts nano sim in and your all set.

Dvs1j

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Got google voice working and its phenomenal! Never again will I buy branded devices. My apps how I want. I just popped in my sim and it worked right out the box. Little getting used to with hardware buttons. I usually have back button on right side, but that is not worth complaining about...