Warranty Replacement from Google

Cane Prevost

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to give a shoutout to Google for a good experience. My 6P is having issues with the USB C port. I can't plug in the charger. There may be something stuck in the port? Don't know and don't want to shove anything in there to find out. I filled out the warranty claim form online and literally 30 seconds later I got a call from customer service. Before our phone call was done I had an email in my inbox with a code to order a phone from the store and a return label for my old one. As soon as I hung up I ordered the phone and printed the return label. Easy.

Phone was also a bit twisted right out of the box. Doesn't quite lay flat on a table. New one should be here next week.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I also had good experience with Google and getting a replacement. Only the one replacement had a couple of lines of dead pixels or something that could only be seen in certain colors, most noticeable in Gmail red. Of course, I noticed it hours after getting my phone all set up the way I liked it... Hours and hours later. But after some nonsensical troubleshooting, they sent me another replacement and this time it seems perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I had hoped it was perfect, but unfortunately there is a rattle near the top earpiece speaker. So, I called again tonight and am getting yet another one sent out, another refurbished even though I kept asking for a new one due to 2 bad ones being sent out within a week or so of each other. Per the tech, his manager said no.

He assured me that he would make sure it's inspected very well before it's shipped out to me, but that's what they said last time due to bad pixels. I told him that if there is any sort of blemish, hardware issue, scratch, smudge even, then the next time I call it won't be nice, and it won't be a front line tech I speak with it'll be the manager, or the manager's manager. I understand they are doing what they are supposed to do, and are following rules/orders - but there should be exceptions to those rules. I can understand a bad phone making it out the door - it happens, but 2 in a row? Let's all hope it's not 3. I'm not sure I could take it - setting a phone up should be fun, but when you do it over and over, well...it isn't fun anymore.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
And now I have to give props to my tech support guy! I had emailed him letting him know the imei number on the rma was incorrect and he just responded saying that he was able to process it as DOA and that they are shipping me a BRAND NEW PHONE!!

So way to go Ed! Thanks so much! That is truly great customer service!

Cane Prevost

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
My warranty replacement is arriving tomorrow. Pretty pleased so far. Good customer service is a large part of the reason I use apple products.

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Warranty replacement arrived. Phone was able to "find" my old phone and copy everything over. About an hour of apps downloading from the store and I'm back in business. Very easy.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Google backed out of sending me a new one - I'm not sure how, other than saying it was past 30 days blah blah blah. Anyways, received my now 3rd refurb one, and I feel like a fool. The last one had the rattle near the top by the speaker, and so did this one. After doing a search (should have done this the first time), I find it's the freaking camera autofocus. Guess I never noticed, or mine didn't do it on the original one until it got dropped like a slinky down the stairs - still works, no glass shattered, slightly bent though.

Oh well - we'll see how it goes before I put the time into making it "mine" tonight. But I just hate how I have it in writing how they were going to send me a new one, and when I called back in when I saw the shipping say refurb, wanting to confirm as I was confused, I was told nope, not going to happen best of luck to you. So now Google, you get 3 stars instead of 5.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You know people I suspect that the vast majority of phones that get replaced are phones that have nothing wrong with them. Some people download incredible numbers of apps, some of which are almost certain to have issues with other apps, or phones that make noises that people don't understand, and if you read certain forums you will see that people who don't know what they are doing try rooting their phones and end up bricking them and then send them back for warranty replacement. Now you know why we pay so much money for these phones now days.

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Box said refurbished. Came in plain brown box. Looked new to me. Refurbished doesn't always mean refurbished. Phone could be a return, overstock, or even new. Hard to tell.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
You know people I suspect that the vast majority of phones that get replaced are phones that have nothing wrong with them. Some people download incredible numbers of apps, some of which are almost certain to have issues with other apps, or phones that make noises that people don't understand, and if you read certain forums you will see that people who don't know what they are doing try rooting their phones and end up bricking them and then send them back for warranty replacement. Now you know why we pay so much money for these phones now days.

I'm not sure if you meant in general, or to those of us that had to replace ours recently. If you meant me, my original phone took a spill down the stairs thanks to my 3 yo nephew. Since then, I've had dead pixels, not one of two, but entire lines of them about an inch long, 2 of them to be exact. Then the rattle, which was my fault, but I will say that when looking at it from all angles, I could see where the glass didn't sit flush, so it would most likely go back anyways in the following days.

But like I said, I'll bravely own up to that one I should have researched it first, but it was NOTICEABLE compared to my original or 3rd refurbished one. I'm a geek, and I spend more money on toys and gadgets than I probably should... But I also expect quality. I'd rather spend the extra money and at least think I'm getting that quality. :)

And if you were talking in general terms, completely ignore what I just typed. It's late, WAY past bedtime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz