Wifi always on?

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Even with wifi turned off it appears on in the battery usage data. Mobile standby is also the highest usage.
Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Go to settings>location, hit the three dot menu on the top right and click scanning. Now turn off wifi and Bluetooth scanning.

Attachments

• 12517.jpg
    12517.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 106

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Brilliant thank you!
Seems to be on by default too as I've just factory reset and both boxes were ticked

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Brilliant thank you!
Seems to be on by default too as I've just factory reset and both boxes were ticked

One would think, but actually when you are setting up your device it asks you about using Wifi and Bluetooth to help with location... so you might not have read it, but it was there.

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Didn't notice, but I've got to ask, how does Bluetooth help with location? Pretty much everything Bluetooth is portable or at least not in a fixed location

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Didn't notice, but I've got to ask, how does Bluetooth help with location? Pretty much everything Bluetooth is portable or at least not in a fixed location

You might not own or have heard of devices that can communicate using bluetooth and help with location, but that does not mean they don't exist. I'm sure there will be more in the future as well. It's just another way Google is thinking outside the box.

terellw

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
My WiFi has always been on even after disabling scanning options... I just put it down to maybe it's a glitch--I clearly have WiFi off and it hasn't affected my battery (i dont think). 🤔

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Could be this running with Wifi Assistant..I uninstalled it and Wifi doesn't show up in my battery unless turned on

Posted via the awesome Nexus 6P 111GB on T-Mobile :3

Attachments

• 2427.jpg
    2427.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 28

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03