Okay so my old Nexus 6 everyone on those forms told me that life was killing my battery has a persistent up in the background somehow. And then Nexus 6p with Android and an beta is life flow going to kill battery does anyone use it here? What's the general feeling or consensus about the app? Thank you.
    06-13-2016 11:13 AM
    Working on getting a/some liteflow users to take a look at this thread.
    06-13-2016 12:12 PM
    Yes I'm just wondering. I mean like I said. On my older Nexus 6, other people said the persistent background process was the culprit of my bad battery. But sure I'd that's still true with Nexus 6p and android n developer preview...
    pkcable likes this.
    06-13-2016 12:18 PM
    I never noticed unusual battery drain with Light Flow enabled on any of the devices I've owned.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-13-2016 12:31 PM
    I never noticed unusual battery drain with Light Flow enabled on any of the devices I've owned.
    Oh really because I'd love the idea of custom LED lights vs ambient display because we all know how reliably consistent that is. Lol.
    06-13-2016 12:32 PM
    Yeah, I still stay Moto did the best with an always-on display.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I've always had root when using light flow. Perhaps that impacts things but I'm not too sure.

Either way, given that Android N is still beta, it is possible things may not work as well as it should. Definitely give it a try and let the developer know if there's any issues (and us too - would be helpful in case others run into this thread).
    pkcable likes this.
    06-13-2016 12:36 PM
    Yeah, I still stay Moto did the best with an always-on display.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I've always had root when using light flow. Perhaps that impacts things but I'm not too sure.

Either way, given that Android N is still beta, it is possible things may not work as well as it should. Definitely give it a try and let the developer know if there's any issues (and us too - would be helpful in case others run into this thread).
    Yes of course absolutely!just installed the app and set it up so ill see what happens that's for sure.

OK so here's abut if an update for everyone regarding android n , Nexus 6p and liteflow there have been reviews on the okay store saying that it's difficult to configure with the phone ,and don't bother and it barely works with the Nexus 6p and android n. I went back to the stock LED light. Good enough for me honestly. I also have ambient display turned off as well. Not a big deal.
    06-13-2016 12:41 PM
    The last time I used Liteflow without root it didn't really play nice. It needed to stay in memory to be able to kick the led off, so yes it killed the battery.
    That was on 5.0 so it may have changed by now.
    pkcable and Golfdriver97 like this.
    06-13-2016 04:07 PM
    I Agree with you, and that's exactly why I quickly uninstalled the app and I am currently using the LED light in combination with the ambient display which is actually working better than I thought it would once you get used to it if course.
    Teejai80 likes this.
    06-13-2016 04:29 PM
    I started using only flip cases so that muted both for me. Annoying, but I have Smartwatches now to take its place anyhow.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-13-2016 04:30 PM
    I started using only flip cases so that muted both for me. Annoying, but I have Smartwatches now to take its place anyhow.
    Ironically enough, I'm trying to sell my 2nd gen Moto 360 currently on eBay now. It's just not for me...I mean the whole wearable technology ...the watch itself looks beautiful, however almost every app that you use on the watch, has to be opened up on the phone...what's the point of that then?you know what I mean. My 2 favorite features if android n developer preview so far are the solution screen for apps which I've been waiting for, and a better camera on an Android phone without it being a galaxy phone. Lol
    Teejai80 likes this.
    06-13-2016 04:35 PM
    Okay so my old Nexus 6 everyone on those forms told me that life was killing my battery has a persistent up in the background somehow. And then Nexus 6p with Android and an beta is life flow going to kill battery does anyone use it here? What's the general feeling or consensus about the app? Thank you.
    Using v3.62.02 (83036) (F) on N preview 3, and it works great. No battery issues at all (never had any from LF in the past either).

Phone is stock, no root.
    06-13-2016 06:08 PM
    Using v3.62.02 (83036) (F) on N preview 3, and it works great. No battery issues at all (never had any from LF in the past either).

Phone is stock, no root.
    I mean liteflow seems like s cool app to use and in the newest software release notes it does specify does run efficiently with android n developer um just weary about if, that's all. Grrrrr

Which type of notifications would people here like better? So go led light, vs ambient display or lite flow abd no ambient display? Just wondering. .
    06-13-2016 07:25 PM
    No noticeable battery issues with the app on the N Preview - I've got a 1st gen 360 paired too for the record.
    06-14-2016 01:32 AM
    No noticeable battery issues with the app on the N Preview - I've got a 1st gen 360 paired too for the record.
    Something about the background Android processes that wasn't running smoothly on my Nexus 6 with lollipop 5.1.1 that I was told was killing my battery so I quickly uninstalled it I was so fed up and frustrated with everything... And I know it's a brand new phone brand new software Etc but you just understand my hesitation.
    06-14-2016 05:06 AM
    Something about the background Android processes that wasn't running smoothly on my Nexus 6 with lollipop 5.1.1 that I was told was killing my battery so I quickly uninstalled it I was so fed up and frustrated with everything... And I know it's a brand new phone brand new software Etc but you just understand my hesitation.
    Allgoods man - well I'm not getting any issues personally, and I'm sure the developer has had enough time to fix it since Lollipop
    06-14-2016 06:33 AM
    Allgoods man - well I'm not getting any issues personally, and I'm sure the developer has had enough time to fix it since Lollipop
    That is very true sir. Good point. I might think about giving it a try again.d o you then use lite flow in addition with ambient display?
    06-14-2016 08:27 AM
    Lightflow takes only about 1% of my application usage.

It's one of my favorite apps. Since my Blackberry days, I've always liked the idea of being able to glance at my phone and know what notifications I have. The ambient display on the 6P is fair at best. And, I still have to pick it up to see what's there rather than just glance at it.
    06-14-2016 09:17 AM
    Lightflow takes only about 1% of my application usage.

It's one of my favorite apps. Since my Blackberry days, I've always liked the idea of being able to glance at my phone and know what notifications I have. The ambient display on the 6P is fair at best. And, I still have to pick it up to see what's there rather than just glance at it.
    That is true. Thanks for the update I'm going to give lite flow another try. That's the problem with ambient display is the fact that it doesn't always trigger and I love just glancing at the phone not having to trigger the display all of the time. Bit with ambient display off, there's no easy way to check the time without unlocking the phone which ears up a little bit more battery I am going to try turning ambient display off again setup liteflow and see if I like it.
    06-14-2016 09:24 AM
    That is very true sir. Good point. I might think about giving it a try again.d o you then use lite flow in addition with ambient display?
    Nah, I've got a smartwatch so there's no point really
    06-15-2016 05:33 PM
    Nah, I've got a smartwatch so there's no point really
    True that see for me I'm using liteflow legacy and um trying to see if there's a way to set a custom LED light for the Tapatalk app.
    06-15-2016 05:36 PM