Ok, so after watching YouTube a little bit, i did learn that in the new Google Keyboard update for android Nougat, if you swype on the space bar you can move the cursor to edit letters in a world and make it much easier. However I've realized that this space bar gesture doesn't work all of the time like swyping over the delete button to delete multiple or singleton words at once. has anyone else tried this or know what I am talking about at all? Thanks for any input. I appreciate it.
    07-07-2016 08:37 AM
    I've heard of a few things not long ago, but I never tried it. Mainly due to I disable all typing gestures.
    07-07-2016 08:43 AM
    mmm well the swype over the delete key for deleting a whole word or words works really well, the spacebar gesture takes some time to get used to though.
    07-07-2016 10:28 AM
    I use both and they seem to work really well. Like anything new, it takes some getting used to, but I got comfortable with it pretty quick.
    07-07-2016 01:04 PM
    Gotcha gotcha. I suppose I've just got to get used to using it. with the quick reply from the notification shade though,it seems a bit redundant to have 2 "send" buttons though. There's one on the message itself, and one on the keyboard. Also, do you find it quicker to Swype or traditionally type even though I know that's all personal preference as well.
    07-07-2016 01:42 PM
    Also, do you find it quicker to Swype or traditionally type even though I know that's all personal preference as well.
    I got big hands and fingers and tap typing, especially on the small screened phones of yesteryear, was an exercise in frustration and futility. Back when Swype released their beta gesture based keyboard I was allllllll over it and have never looked back. Gesture typing really depends on how good you are at touch typing.... or, the way I see it, if you can sit at a keyboard and type out a sentence by just thinking out the words, rather than concentrating on typing the letters, gesture typing should come naturally to you. For me, I took to it in minutes and it was like a breath of fresh air as I could actually type on a mobile phone.
    07-07-2016 02:55 PM
    Mm gotcha i guess for me that I'm sooo used to traditionally typing, that's why.
    07-07-2016 02:58 PM
    Gotcha gotcha. I suppose I've just got to get used to using it. with the quick reply from the notification shade though,it seems a bit redundant to have 2 "send" buttons though. There's one on the message itself, and one on the keyboard. Also, do you find it quicker to Swype or traditionally type even though I know that's all personal preference as well.
    I use both input methods. Depends on what I'm feeling at the time. I like having the choice. I also use both send methods. No rhyme or reason to why probably. Again, I just like options.
    07-07-2016 10:36 PM
    I actually feel that with swiping I tend to miss type words a lot less. Not sure how, but I do. You also don't have to worry about hitting the space-bar in between words.
    07-07-2016 10:42 PM
    I actually feel that with swiping I tend to miss type words a lot less. Not sure how, but I do. You also don't have to worry about hitting the space-bar in between words.
    It's the nature of the gesture method. Gesture typing is more concerned with the path your finger took, not the letters you hit. There are only so many words that can match the path AND match the context.
    07-09-2016 07:51 AM
    It's the nature of the gesture method. Gesture typing is more concerned with the path your finger took, not the letters you hit. There are only so many words that can match the path AND match the context.
    Haha yes that's very true I mean usually what I'll do is while I'm swiping, I'll look at the words that are being created while I'm swiping just to make sure they're generally correct. I find that is usually helps me. I mean in addition to proofreading of course. Lol
    07-09-2016 07:56 AM