Sprint-No Enhanced LTE or Spark

TechBob

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I just came from a Sprint specific Note 5 to the 6P and I have to say I love the phone. Yes, more than my Note 5. One question. I live in a Spark/Enhanced LTE neighborhood and with my Note 5, on good days. I would get 10 to 20 Mbps. I would show the Spark network and that I had attached to the 3 Spark bands, 25, 26 and 41. Not on my Nexus 6P. Yet the 6P is supposed to support carrier aggregation for the bands supported by Spark/Enhanced LTE. I an only seeing 3 to 6 Mbps. Am I missing something? I did check before I switched and it is supposed to be supported.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I just came from a Sprint specific Note 5 to the 6P and I have to say I love the phone. Yes, more than my Note 5. One question. I live in a Spark/Enhanced LTE neighborhood and with my Note 5, on good days. I would get 10 to 20 Mbps. I would show the Spark network and that I had attached to the 3 Spark bands, 25, 26 and 41. Not on my Nexus 6P. Yet the 6P is supposed to support carrier aggregation for the bands supported by Spark/Enhanced LTE. I an only seeing 3 to 6 Mbps. Am I missing something? I did check before I switched and it is supposed to be supported.

The 6P requires a newer SIM card from Sprint, the older SIM cards do not work properly in the Nexus 6P -- I'm guessing that is the issue if you merely transferred the SIM card from your Note 5 to the 6P. There are various threads here discussing the issue, including the information to give Sprint to ensure you get the correct SIM card (and not another of the older SIMs).

TechBob

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
The 6P requires a newer SIM card from Sprint, the older SIM cards do not work properly in the Nexus 6P -- I'm guessing that is the issue if you merely transferred the SIM card from your Note 5 to the 6P. There are various threads here discussing the issue, including the information to give Sprint to ensure you get the correct SIM card (and not another of the older SIMs).

Thanks. Good thought, but I have the super secret, impossible to find, have to order from a special contact at Sprint SIM card. Followed those threads. Appreciate the response though.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I suspected it wasn't the SIM card, since it seems like that would keep LTE from working at all, but it might be. From what I've seen, Sprint and SIM cards are a mess -- that basically many high end phones require their own, unique SIM card to work -- not sure why Sprint does that.

So, my only thought would be to contact Sprint technical support and see if something is messed up with your account on their end. It seems unlikely to me that it is the phone but, if Sprint can't solve it then it seems like swapping the phone would be the next step.