Hey guys.
    So my Nexus 6p died, for some reason I could not get any more cell reception so Google exchanged the phone. When I got the replacement phone I noticed when I was recording video there was crackling and static popping noises coming from the speakers This actually happened to my very first Nexus 6p I got last year, but Google replaced it and everything was fine. So this new replacement has the crackles in the video recording, so they sent me another Nexus 6p and 2nd replacement does the same exact thing! Do you think this is some kind of hardware issue that they overlooked? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-13-2016 01:42 AM
    Do you mean that while you're recording, you hear the crackling through the speakers, or that the crackling is present in the recorded video when you play it back?
    07-13-2016 02:21 AM
    Do you mean that while you're recording, you hear the crackling through the speakers, or that the crackling is present in the recorded video when you play it back?
    I hear it when I'm playing back the video, not when I'm recording. But the noise is on the video itself, because when I play it back on my Google photos Cloud the pops and cracks are there as well

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-13-2016 02:26 AM
    When you talk to people on the phone using the primary phone mic (i.e., the one near your mouth), do they complain of static? How about if you're on speakerphone (which utilizes the secondary mic)? If they hear crackling on speakerphone, then I'd suspect a faulty secondary mic, since that's also activated for video recording.
    GSDer likes this.
    07-13-2016 03:19 AM