I continue to be impressed with the 6P!

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Not many people liked 6P rumors either. The renders made the phone look like a joke with the visor ;)

True they did, but at least the screen size looked good. I could deal with the visor. I'm hoping these rumors don't pan out, and maybe Huawei is making another 6P, but I doubt that'll happen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I'd be happier if the 6p was just slightly shorter. Most of the time it doesn't bother me then I'll be wrestling with the dog in one hand and the phone in the other and suddenly it's 'just' a bit too big

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, so I know what a good phone is....but my Nexus 6P is just as good and I like having stock Android. It would be nice if Verizon allowed wifi calling on it, since I live in a fringe area and rely on my Verizon Network Extender. When the Extender drops out, I can use Google Hangouts to make a call. The speakers are great on the P.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'd be happier if the 6p was just slightly shorter. Most of the time it doesn't bother me then I'll be wrestling with the dog in one hand and the phone in the other and suddenly it's 'just' a bit too big

Agreed. If given the option I'd chose a less taller build...but it's still a minor problem in my books. I don't really use my phone single handed anymore, but if I was walking my dog often I could see how itd be a challenge.

{Nexus 6P}

jedizenmaster

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Historically I've been a iOS guy and I have dabbled into android but recently I got rid of my 6S Plus and then S7 Edge and got a nexus 6P which I love. I love the quirks and little hidden features in Stock Android and the last stock phone I had that I really loved was the Nexus 4.

Needless to say I think my fear of commitment to Android is over and at least for now as long as there is a stock experience i am team android.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll tell you everything about the 6p is spot on from the camera to the battery life to the build quality ,everything is done correctly.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the 6P for about a week and loved it despite being too large. Its only drawback is I couldn't use WiFi calling on Verizon....I had to use a third party app to get visual voicemail also but that at least was a work around. I went back to the LG G5 because of the camera and compatibility with Verizon while waiting for the HTC 10 to come out.
Wasn't impressed.... Still miss the Nexus....I had 14 days to try but returned it to Best Buy in a week because they didn't have a case for it and I was afraid of scratching and having tp keep it.
If the price keeps dropping I just may pick one up

Infernalblaze

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Historically I've been a iOS guy and I have dabbled into android but recently I got rid of my 6S Plus and then S7 Edge and got a nexus 6P which I love. I love the quirks and little hidden features in Stock Android and the last stock phone I had that I really loved was the Nexus 4.

Needless to say I think my fear of commitment to Android is over and at least for now as long as there is a stock experience i am team android.

that's ironic I just did the same switches lol. Happy to be here look forward to using this phone.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Ggv
j

Agreed here as well. The Moto X has the same size screen with dual speakers and has a much more pleasing form factor by comparison. I assume the extra height is to accommodate the larger battery in the 6P. But that's just a guess... I have somewhat larger hands so this isn't a dealbreaker for me, but I do notice the height from time to time.

Posted via my Nexus 6P running Android N on AT&T (or any d**n network I choose)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol