So, about 3 weeks ago, I initiated an RMA on my original Nexus 6P, due to a known issue with the headphone jack and audio playback. Fast forward to today, and I have another issue with my replacement phone. While I'm on a voice call, after a while, it gets to where the other party can no longer hear me. The call remains connected, and I can hear the other party, but they cannot hear me, even as I repeatedly say "Hello?" This happens with virtually every voice call I conduct, usually after 25 minutes or longer.

Again, I noticed this issue happening after the May update. Is this an issue with the phone itself, an update, or might it be an issue with my SIM card? I'm on a T-Mobile Prepaid plan, for the record. Does anyone else have this issue, or know of a possible cause? Do I wait for Nougat to see if the issue is resolved? I'm seriously looking at getting the Axon 7 now, because of these issues. I'm just so used to the quick updates of stock Android, though. :/Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-24-2016 06:59 PM
    I have had this happen on my LG G3. It ended up being the Google voice setting for "OK Google" to work on any screen. Shut that off and issue was fixed.
    07-24-2016 07:08 PM
    I have had this happen on my LG G3. It ended up being the Google voice setting for "OK Google" to work on any screen. Shut that off and issue was fixed.
    Hmm, I have that toggled off. I even toggled off "OK Google within the app.

07-24-2016 07:28 PM
    Are you using a launcher? Could be causing an issue too with Ok Google. Shouldn't but just in case.
    07-24-2016 08:24 PM
    Are you using a launcher? Could be causing an issue too with Ok Google. Shouldn't but just in case.
    Yeah, I'm using Nova Prime.

07-24-2016 08:54 PM
    Yeah, I'm using Nova Prime.

Try shutting it off from Nova as well. Just to see what happens.
    07-24-2016 09:23 PM
    So, about 3 weeks ago, I initiated an RMA on my original Nexus 6P, due to a known issue with the headphone jack and audio playback. Fast forward to today, and I have another issue with my replacement phone. While I'm on a voice call, after a while, it gets to where the other party can no longer hear me. The call remains connected, and I can hear the other party, but they cannot hear me, even as I repeatedly say "Hello?" This happens with virtually every voice call I conduct, usually after 25 minutes or longer.

Again, I noticed this issue happening after the May update. Is this an issue with the phone itself, an update, or might it be an issue with my SIM card? I'm on a T-Mobile Prepaid plan, for the record. Does anyone else have this issue, or know of a possible cause? Do I wait for Nougat to see if the issue is resolved? I'm seriously looking at getting the Axon 7 now, because of these issues. I'm just so used to the quick updates of stock Android, though. :/Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

OP, did you ever figure out what was causing the issue. Happened to me twice in 3 days this week. Thought it was a problem on their end til I came across this thread. Calls have been over 25 minutes, no launcher, completely stock. I could hear the valley asking was I there but they could not hear me on the other end.
    07-25-2016 10:36 PM
    OP, did you ever figure out what was causing the issue. Happened to me twice in 3 days this week. Thought it was a problem on their end til I came across this thread. Calls have been over 25 minutes, no launcher, completely stock. I could hear the valley asking was I there but they could not hear me on the other end.
    Hi, sorry you're experiencing the same issue. I contacted Google and they offered another RMA. It's scheduled to come in on Wednesday. I plan on getting another SIM to use just in case.

07-25-2016 11:47 PM
    To eliminate 3rd party applications from the list of potential suspects I'd suggest booting into Safe Mode and making a call - if the problem still occurs after 25 minutes the it's likely a heat related problem.

To eliminate the carrier from the equation you could use something like Hangouts or WhatsApp and make a WiFi call (enable Airplane mode if necessary, then turn on WiFi).

It's odd that this issue started after an OS update; I suppose you could find the image for the earlier version of the OS and flash that and see if the problem goes away.
    07-26-2016 01:02 AM
    I've had this issue! Wow!! I am completely stock too, I thought it was their line. I can say the people I talk to on the phone frequently have AT&Fee, can't say much about calling other landlines or providers I don't talk on the phone much, but the people I talk with longer have (see aforementioned).

Nonetheless I will monitor but my phone calls are usually fast. To remedy the situation we just disconnect and reconnect the call. Funny a few times it would go in and out then other times once it stopped it stopped......i have made some charged statements, maybe I'm being tapped! Ironically they had a Q10, I the Nexus 6P, we now both have a Priv....i still use my Nexus 6P on one line though

07-26-2016 02:13 AM
    To eliminate 3rd party applications from the list of potential suspects I'd suggest booting into Safe Mode and making a call - if the problem still occurs after 25 minutes the it's likely a heat related problem.

To eliminate the carrier from the equation you could use something like Hangouts or WhatsApp and make a WiFi call (enable Airplane mode if necessary, then turn on WiFi).

It's odd that this issue started after an OS update; I suppose you could find the image for the earlier version of the OS and flash that and see if the problem goes away.
    Thanks for the tip. When I talked to Support, one of the things they had me do was boot into Safe Mode and conduct a call; which was fine, except for the fact that I obviously couldn't use other apps. The issue is totally random, meaning it can happen after 5 minutes or an hour.

It's weird, to the point where I keep track of the minutes of my calls and am surprised when it doesn't occur.

07-26-2016 05:03 AM
    I've had this issue! Wow!! I am completely stock too, I thought it was their line. I can say the people I talk to on the phone frequently have AT&Fee, can't say much about calling other landlines or providers I don't talk on the phone much, but the people I talk with longer have (see aforementioned).

Nonetheless I will monitor but my phone calls are usually fast. To remedy the situation we just disconnect and reconnect the call. Funny a few times it would go in and out then other times once it stopped it stopped......i have made some charged statements, maybe I'm being tapped! Ironically they had a Q10, I the Nexus 6P, we now both have a Priv....i still use my Nexus 6P on one line though

Well, I at least take comfort in knowing I'm not alone, lol. Sorry it's happened with you too, through. I will keep this thread updated once my second refurb comes in.

07-26-2016 05:08 AM
    Well, I at least take comfort in knowing I'm not alone, lol. Sorry it's happened with you too, through. I will keep this thread updated once my second refurb comes in.

Yeah please update, it hasn't become a major pain yet so I don't know if it's worth me switching devices. I would like to know how your second device fairs.
    07-26-2016 06:37 PM