AT&T vs Verizon

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon,I was on AT&T with my N5 but switch when th6P came out because of the lack of VoLTE support on AT&T. I've been disappointed with Verizon, the AT&T was faster and the voice quality was more consistent. However it's not an apples to apples comparison because it different phones.

Has anyone used their 6p on both networks? Which network gave you the better performance?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It would be hard to answer since everyone lives in different places. Technically the phone supports both networks fully so it really depends on your area.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not asking about coverage per se, they both are pretty good, I've asking about personal experiences with each network on the same phone. There are issues due to the fact that the 6P isn't a carrier phone. For example I ran into a serious performance problem where the 6P reported a very strong LTE signal (I was 500 ft from the tower) but performed like it was 2G. I talked to Verizon and the particular band wasn't supported for the 6P even though the hardware specs for the 6P said it was, Verizon just hadn't provisioned their network to support the 6P on that band and they have no particular interest in fixing it because they don't sell the 6P. I want to know if anyone has experienced similar things on AT&T.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Everyone's experience is different.... when the 6P came out I was on AT&T... good, but not great for me. I left and tried Project Fi... good at home and work, but not in between... in other words it was really bad for me traveling in the cities and getting calls in my vehicle where it should have been great. Because of this I switched to Verizon... personally, I'm very happy with Verizon reception around town... it was always good here for Verizon, and I was a long time customer before leaving and trying AT&T for about a year.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Had Verizon. For me, in my area, this phone works better with ATT. Signal is actually stronger in 90℅ of the places I go, including ones that just made zero sense that my Verizon signal would only have like two bars (in highly populated suburbs of Phoenix, for example). Now on ATT im in the same places with a full signal. Then there are the times I'm waaaaaay out in the boonies and I know it would be better to have Verizon. But really I'm so rarely in such places it just makes more sense to have the device on ATT.

Posted via my Nexus 6P running Android N on AT&T (or any d**n network I choose)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000