I sort of want to wait for the new version, but I can find good deals right now. I'm tired of my carrier locked S6. although, I will miss a few things.

For those are you are looking into buying one, what's holding you back?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-01-2016 02:59 PM
    You can get a 6P right now for $347 from Jet and $399 from Best Buy and other retailers:

[Deal Alert] 32GB Nexus 6P on sale for just $347 at Jet.com
    Best Buy - Nexus 6P

For most it may likely be that a new Nexus device(s) are coming soon. For others, the price may still be a bit too much, and if you want the Nexus experience, the 5x can be purchased for around $250. Yes, there are tradeoffs, but for most the 5x will still get it done.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-01-2016 03:12 PM
    I have a 6p and love it its grain great and they're pretty cheap right now but the new ones are coming out in not to long but i only had mine about 1 month i couldn't wait
    08-01-2016 03:13 PM
    Have got an S6 sitting in my "unused tech box" which is where it will stay.The 6P is even now ,after other flagship phones are on the market,my best ever phone....there is nothing I would change it for.If my phone was lost or badly damaged ,the 6P would be replaced with the same again.I have 3 phone contracts in my name for members of my family and can have a new upgrade every few months if needs be,this device is so good I`ve never thought about upgrading it.
    chezm and Billy Bob Jimmy Joe like this.
    08-01-2016 06:53 PM
    I sort of want to wait for the new version, but I can find good deals right now.
    Surely there will be other good deals on the 6P once the new nexuses are out. It all depends on how patient you are. I myself am itching to replace my Nexus 6, and I would be more than happy with a 6P, but I'll still hold off until an official announcement of the next generation of nexuses.
    chezm likes this.
    08-01-2016 08:03 PM
    Surely there will be other good deals on the 6P once the new nexuses are out. It all depends on how patient you are. I myself am itching to replace my Nexus 6, and I would be more than happy with a 6P, but I'll still hold off until an official announcement of the next generation of nexuses.
    At this point so close to release event, ya I'd also wait it out...6P will drop even less.

{Nexus 6P}
    08-01-2016 08:06 PM
    thanks for your advice.

I'm just a bit worried that the new device will released and I will completely forget about the 6P (haha).

I'm indecisive at times and it's annoying.

08-02-2016 01:30 AM
    Also, I failed to mention that I would like to get Android N when it releases since Google dropped N5 updates. I don't want to wait for next year when AT&T releases the update.

08-02-2016 11:00 AM
    I'd wait. The 6P is going to get the Oreo update but it's not going to get Peeps, the 2016 Nexii will get both. It's only a few months before they release the new phones, at that time you'll be able to do a real comparison. The things that will definitely be better on the 2016s are the CPU and the extra year of OS support. The camera is an unknown, we won't know if it's better or worse until the new phones are released. The speaker sounds like it will be worse, the 6P has dual front facing speakers which are great, the HTC phones supposedly have a single bottom firing speaker, when the phones are released will find out if they really have worse sound or not. The smaller display is a matter of taste, I really like the 6Ps display and I've not found it's size to be a problem but it's possible that the tradeoff of a slightly smaller phone will be worth it. All those questions will be answered when the new phones are released. At that time you can expect the 6P to be heavily discounted so if the new phone isn't overwhelmingly better you could opt for a 6P at that time and save some money,

Personally I always buy a new Nexus close to it's release date, I bought the 6P on day 2, and then keep it for two years.
    chezm likes this.
    08-02-2016 11:59 AM
    I'd wait. The 6P is going to get the Oreo update but it's not going to get Peeps, the 2016 Nexii will get both. It's only a few months before they release the new phones, at that time you'll be able to do a real comparison. The things that will definitely be better on the 2016s are the CPU and the extra year of OS support. The camera is an unknown, we won't know if it's better or worse until the new phones are released. The speaker sounds like it will be worse, the 6P has dual front facing speakers which are great, the HTC phones supposedly have a single bottom firing speaker, when the phones are released will find out if they really have worse sound or not. The smaller display is a matter of taste, I really like the 6Ps display and I've not found it's size to be a problem but it's possible that the tradeoff of a slightly smaller phone will be worth it. All those questions will be answered when the new phones are released. At that time you can expect the 6P to be heavily discounted so if the new phone isn't overwhelmingly better you could opt for a 6P at that time and save some money,

Personally I always buy a new Nexus close to it's release date, I bought the 6P on day 2, and then keep it for two years.
    Good call but by the look of early specs etc the new Nexii might not actually be as good as the 6P so as bjrosen says,check out the new phones to see if they are what you`d like,if not then revert back to the 6P and grab an absolute bargain...win win situation!
    chezm and libra89 like this.
    08-02-2016 05:34 PM
    Good call but by the look of early specs etc the new Nexii might not actually be as good as the 6P so as bjrosen says,check out the new phones to see if they are what you`d like,if not then revert back to the 6P and grab an absolute bargain...win win situation!
    This is exactly what I'm doing. I bought one about 7 days ago strictly as a test article. I've been a Samsung guy since the S3's (which I rooted) and have always liked the 'pure' android feel. But, since the Galaxy hardware was always just so much better, I never tried a real Nexus. I did a short stint on an iPhone 6 but it quickly reminded me that I hate, that's H-A-T-E, the way Apple doesn't even let you arrange the screen the way you want...but I digress...

I bought a 6P from Best Buy and immediately liked it. Build-quality was fantastic, battery life was on par with my Note 5 at about 3.5%-to 4.5%/hour. Screen was somewhat less visible in direct sunlight. Performance and feel was as good or better. Camera was very good by comparison but without PD autofocus I found it's performance was only passable. It also lagged a few time while shooting video (not good at all). Big issue though was that it got SUPER hot with the camera app running, even in the background (app not running on the screen but not closed out completely). I guess this is due to all the processing needed for HDR but regardless, it was very concerning. There of course was an associated huge hit to battery life if I spent any time taking pictures. Big plus for the phone was that it could pull in a decent, usable, signal in places my Note 5 would have zero service. I mean ZERO, as in no, service at all. This is was a huge plus to me as work has, at best, spotty service. Forget data...

As a final test, I signed up for, and received, the Nougat DP5 and holy cow, what an improvement! Battery life over about three days is something like 2.5%/hour (with up to 5 hours SoT)!!! Last night I spent about 20 minutes taking dozens, if not hundreds, of pics including flash, photospheres, panos. Using GSam to set a point, I determined that, used like this, the camera was burning something like 25%-30%/hour. So, what this means is that I could have kept that pace up for a little over three HOURS. Over a two day period I got, on average, 15 hours off-charge, web browing, testing as I described, and very high SoT as compared to the Note. Final point is that Doze seems to be MUCH more aggressive o Nougat than on MM. Today, the phone sipped about 1% - 1.5% per hour which is utterly amazing. Nougat Doze WORKS!

Overall, despite a small camera image quality deficit, the 6P is an amazing device offered at an unbelievably low price. The only real reason I want to wait for more info on the new one is to see if they manage another quantum-leap in hardware performance to match the leap they've achieved in Nougat.

So, I am now restoring it to factory condition (gonna test the Google backup restore while I'm at it) and am going to return it tomorrow to wait out not detailed info on the new Nexus. If there are no obvious camera improvements, I'll be getting a 6P again hopefully at an even better discount

Edit: As usual, Google's restore didn't restore app data (like games scores, etc.). I don't understand what toggling backup actually does. My experience is that it only automatically reinstalls app but not their data (Nova screen arrangements and preferences for example). This is still the one place where iOS excels. Restore your data to a new phone and it's like mothing ever happened...
    08-02-2016 08:51 PM
    You can get a 6P right now for $347 from Jet and $399 from Best Buy and other retailers:

[Deal Alert] 32GB Nexus 6P on sale for just $347 at Jet.com
    Best Buy - Nexus 6P

For most it may likely be that a new Nexus device(s) are coming soon. For others, the price may still be a bit too much, and if you want the Nexus experience, the 5x can be purchased for around $250. Yes, there are tradeoffs, but for most the 5x will still get it done.
    I would never even consider the Jet offer. You have to pay with a debit card, never a good idea online, and buy 3 other items to get the price.
    08-02-2016 08:58 PM
    ,if not then revert back to the 6P and grab an absolute bargain...win win situation!
    Exactly.

And just to add, 6P on M is already incredible...much better than the other devices I've used anyway. All the feedback on N is very positive, so either phone is a win in the end...just comes down to your preference.

{Nexus 6P}
    08-02-2016 09:18 PM
    thanks everyone!

now we wait.

08-03-2016 12:29 AM