Netflix error -116

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried booting up the device in Safe Mode? I wonder if there's a 3rd party app affecting it. Also, what about in another WiFi or on mobile data?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since Netflix IS a 3rd party app booting into Safe Mode won't do any good - you can't run it in Safe Mode. Looks like the OP has followed the suggestions at https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24849 - wonder what build of the OS is running? I'm on MOB30X, the latest August update, and Netflix (version 4.8.0 build 9019, just updated on August 3rd) runs fine.

That OS version is from my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet.

Running the Android 7.0 DP5 build (NPD90G) on my Nexus 6P, and Netflix seems to run fine there too.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does this error occur when you first start the Netflix app, or after you try to login? If you're not sure, go into Settings -> Apps -> Netflix -> Storage and then Clear cache and Clear data. Restart the Netflix app and see if you at least get taken to the main screen.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Since Netflix IS a 3rd party app booting into Safe Mode won't do any good - you can't run it in Safe Mode. Looks like the OP has followed the suggestions at https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24849 - wonder what build of the OS is running? I'm on MOB30X, the latest August update, and Netflix (version 4.8.0 build 9019, just updated on August 3rd) runs fine.

That OS version is from my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet.

Running the Android 7.0 DP5 build (NPD90G) on my Nexus 6P, and Netflix seems to run fine there too.

Safe Mode prevents 3rd party apps from running at boot, but not from running. Once the OP opens Netflix, it'll be the only app that will run. If any other 3rd party app was interfering before, Netflix should run now.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Safe Mode prevents 3rd party apps from running at boot, but not from running. Once the OP opens Netflix, it'll be the only app that will run.
Believe that if you like - Netflix doesn't even show up in the App Drawer when in Safe Mode
05f4b5efe3c54c6460eff651c94e1451.jpg
And if you open the Google Play Store in Safe Mode and look at your apps list, there's no way to open it from there either.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I'll be damned! I stand corrected... you're right, I can't do that in an S7 Edge either. Mmm... I was certain you could launch 3rd party apps before. Sorry then, I guess you can't now! Thanks for the correction! :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It happens after i login.
Netflix runs fine on other phones
Perhaps you've exceeded the maximum number of devices/logins associated with your account? You said you already performed a Factory Reset on your device, so it's unlikely to be the app itself or any app data stored on the phone itself.

You could try wiping the system cache in Recovery mode just to be on the safe side.

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps you've exceeded the maximum number of devices/logins associated with your account? You said you already performed a Factory Reset on your device, so it's unlikely to be the app itself or any app data stored on the phone itself.

You could try wiping the system cache in Recovery mode just to be on the safe side.
No i can login with other devices except nexus 6p. I just wiped the system cache in recovery mode. It did not work :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, sorry - I don't have anything else to suggest. Netflix worked fine on my Nexus 6P, although I was running Android 7.x at the time I tried it (not 6.x as in your setup). The fact that the app only crashes after you login to your account leads me to believe it's a problem on the Netflix end of things but that doesn't really help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair