My phone may have spontaneously downloaded malware???

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I pulled my phone out of my pocket and it had downloaded flashBrowser_Mobusi_3442.apk into my downloads folder. I have no idea how this happened. Did I pocket-download a file? What the heck? Obviously, I didn't install it.

I did a Google search and there are all these pages with technical info that implies it's bad news but i don't understand them. Maybe someone else can check? (Search here)

If it is malware....... how did this happen?? I must have accidentally done something.

(I'm running 7.0 Preview 5)

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Probably harmless as long as you don't install it. I'd just delete it then when the final version of N becomes available in the next couple of weeks I'd install the factory image which will insure that your system is clean. If you want some pice of mind now you could do a factory reset.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you want some pice of mind now you could do a factory reset.

I am pretty confident my phone is not compromised since I didn't install it. I just don't understand how it happened. Would like to know. Not terrible... just curious.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you had a browser app open and that got selected somehow then one of the ads in the window could have gotten activated.

I'd just delete the file from your Downloads and carry on.
Oh, and be sure to lock the screen before putting your device in your pocket - an ounce of prevention...

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I pulled my phone out of my pocket and it had downloaded flashBrowser_Mobusi_3442.apk into my downloads folder. I have no idea how this happened. Did I pocket-download a file? What the heck? Obviously, I didn't install it.

I did a Google search and there are all these pages with technical info that implies it's bad news but i don't understand them. Maybe someone else can check? (Search here)

If it is malware....... how did this happen?? I must have accidentally done something.

(I'm running 7.0 Preview 5)

Fsociety running a bootload hack - be careful. The dark army awaits you

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci