Software updates keep downloading

Venom792001

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
First off let me say I am new to the android scene I just switched over from iPhone last week after using iOS for the last 7 years so I'm still learning, I've already rooted my phone but im having a small issue.

I've disabled the software updates on my Nexus 6p through Google services framework but I still keep getting notification that its downloaded and needs installing, is there anyway to keep it from doing this?

I've tried running the install to remove the notification but a few hours later it comes back.

Thanks Kindly

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to OS updates or application updates (via the Google Play Store)?

If the former, you can boot into Recovery mode and wipe the system cache - IIRC that's where the update zip file is stored. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll dig through my old forum responses - I had researched it at one point for my old Samsung Galaxy S3.

Venom792001

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, it's the OS updates, I wiped the cache and it removed the update, but it still keeps coming back asking me to install

Thanks again

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak to 6p, but for all my other Nexus devices, the only solution I've found is to flash the update-fastboot flash images or use FlashFire which will flash the ota or image package. If you don't want the update, then, hopefully, someone will present info I've never discovered. There used to be a way a couple years back but doesn't work any longer.
Edit: I think this is what you tried but I haven't Let us know if it persists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG74kzUTLl8.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You could go into Settings -> Developer options and turn off 'Automatic system updates'.
0cc006bdfe7217391c6c65836eeb287e.jpg
Then wipe the system cache again to get rid of the current one and then see if it prompts you to install one.

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
They sometimes cause issues. Some, like me, prefer to wait at least to see what's going on with other users and the updates.

Well if they are patches they will do more good then harm because there is alot of security threats coming out and you don't want to fall victim to them

What I would wait to install is Android 7.0...definitely see how that does on other people's before getting rid of MM

Posted via Pokémon/Note7 Central App