I've had it with carrier phones

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
With the damn carrier phones.

I got a new 64 gig charcoal one coming to me next week.. $515.00 shipped. I couldn't take anymore bs from AT&T on my phones and is something I should have done a long time ago.

Sure I could have waited for the new ones in a month or two, but the price was fair for this one.

I looked long and hard on the ZTE axon 7, but my gut feeling about this said go with the proven phone and heck most all of the att staff I know have the N6p anyway..

This is how I am going to do it from now on and will pay off the other 3 lines this year and switch them over too hopefully by this Christmas..

Now to decide on the Rom or just Xposed to start..

We'll be around for a while...

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: I've had it.

If you're running N, Xposed isn't ready yet but it's working fine on M.

I don't have it yet and am assuming that it will come with M on it next week... But nice to know this ahead of time.. Thanks

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well my original order got canceled so I reordered it for $469.99 which makes this even better for me . It won't be in until the 30th this month so that gives them time to get Nougat out and see if there's anything wrong with it and give me time to get everything down loaded on the pc I like . I can wait a week longer for a new phone for almost 50 bucks less ... Everything for a reason as my good wife always says... Lol

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I got a NEW 64 GB 6P for $399 at newegg last week

You got lucky, when I enquired it was only for refurbished phones and this week they are $549.00 for new..That shows me the demand is still strong to get one..

I'm okay with spending what I did.. The price is still worth it to me.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site

For a refurbished one not new.

I bought mine new and 64GB from B&H new but for 425 bucks which included the Garmin Vivofit activity tracker. Sold the Garmin for 50 bucks and still got a better deal than Newegg. Looks like prices have gone up again, which is in line with what you mentioned. The demand is higher for the 6P. And after receiving Android N officially 399 was a great deal

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Im in UK and Im running an Unbranded 6P. Like the OP, I too was absolutely fed up with carrier delays on updates.. especially Security updates, but also carrier bloat.. although the UK branded devices are no where near as bad as the US ones.

After using a Nexus phone for 4 weeks now, I could never see myself going back to a different brand of device.. I love pure google.. its awesome :)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Im in UK and Im running an Unbranded 6P. Like the OP, I too was absolutely fed up with carrier delays on updates.. especially Security updates, but also carrier bloat.. although the UK branded devices are no where near as bad as the US ones.

After using a Nexus phone for 4 weeks now, I could never see myself going back to a different brand of device.. I love pure google.. its awesome :)

Yup...

What really chaps my hide is the BS the carriers pull with their branded phones. They try to pass off their decisions to change them to their specs like they did with my LG V10.
They locked it down so you can't even get into the stock recovery, then they try to pass it off onto the oem's.

I spent 2 full days dealing with them and 1 full day trying to talk to someone other than level 1 tech support at LG before talking to their executive division..

I will never.. I mean NEVER buy a AT&T branded phone again.. Funny thing they are supposed to call me in the morning to discuss a blistering negative survey I gave them when they had the audacity to text me on this..I expect the conversation to last about a minute... If that.. Lol

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

I'm entirely new to at least nexus phones but not android. I just got my nexus 6p just last week from my carrier (rogers) and there is no bloatware on it at all.i thought Google didn't allow carriers to put bloatware on their phones?the only thing I noticed with mine is I can't do wifi calling.is there any other things that they may have blocked that I can check out to see clean this phone really is?

rpmm70

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

This is my first Nexus phone and I am really enjoying having complete control over the phone. Not having to wait for carrier updates and no bloat is awesome. My last few phones were from Verizon which is notorious for locking down their phones and loading them with bloat.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Well Amazon texted me and my phone has shipped overnight and I will have it tomorrow..... Oh yeah...!!!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought a brand new, sealed 64GB Gold 6P (build date 1/30/16) off Swappa for $425 last week from a local seller to replace my 32GB Aluminum. I'm pleased to far.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

the only thing I noticed with mine is I can't do wifi calling
You should be able to use apps like Hangouts or WhatsApp to do WiFi calling. If you were on Google Fi you could also do WiFi calling using the stock Dialer, but perhaps that's not supported on your carrier?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
You should be able to use apps like Hangouts or WhatsApp to do WiFi calling. If you were on Google Fi you could also do WiFi calling using the stock Dialer, but perhaps that's not supported on your carrier?

So if WiFi calling is supported by the carrier then it's able to do this? I just got WiFi calling on my LG V10 from AT&T yesterday...

My 6p is out for delivery.. It feels like waiting for Christmas morning... Lol