Moved and battery life drained drastically

PittDucky

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I just recently moved and have noticed that my phone battery has been dying rapidly. I work from home and during my work day (8-5), my phone is down to 30-40% around 5pm. SOT is usually around an hour and there are huge dips when I'm on calls. I don't have great service here, but I'm on Wi-Fi all day. Is that just my cell service dragging my battery down? That seems weird since only phone calls should be doing that.

Is there anything I can be doing? I usually leave my phone on the charger all day just because of this.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just recently moved and have noticed that my phone battery has been dying rapidly. I work from home and during my work day (8-5), my phone is down to 30-40% around 5pm. SOT is usually around an hour and there are huge dips when I'm on calls. I don't have great service here, but I'm on Wi-Fi all day. Is that just my cell service dragging my battery down? That seems weird since only phone calls should be doing that.

Is there anything I can be doing? I usually leave my phone on the charger all day just because of this.

It's my understanding that if you are in an area with a weaker signal, your phone will use more battery power. I leave my phone on my wireless charger all day at work with no issues

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Bad signal plays havoc with battery life. Mine is so bad that I have a Network Extender in my home. Like you I spend most of my time in my home and use WiFi for data, but my battery still isn't stellar. It may be because my NE is the 3G model, I'm not sure. But without it, my signal would be around -105dBm, which is like the bare minimum to make a call. When I do make a call without the NE, it feels like it did 15 years ago, the call audio cuts in and out, and you have to move around to try and get a better signal. With the NE, I get around -85dBm, which is a good quality signal, but I don't know if 3G sucks more juice than LTE. I'm considering moving up to the LTE Network Extender, I'm hoping that will get me better battery life and also better call quality with VoLTE.

Long story short, a low strength cellular signal means it will be constantly trying to get a better signal, which means it will suck more battery.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Bad signal plays havoc with battery life. Mine is so bad that I have a Network Extender in my home. Like you I spend most of my time in my home and use WiFi for data, but my battery still isn't stellar. It may be because my NE is the 3G model, I'm not sure. But without it, my signal would be around -105dBm, which is like the bare minimum to make a call. When I do make a call without the NE, it feels like it did 15 years ago, the call audio cuts in and out, and you have to move around to try and get a better signal. With the NE, I get around -85dBm, which is a good quality signal, but I don't know if 3G sucks more juice than LTE. I'm considering moving up to the LTE Network Extender, I'm hoping that will get me better battery life and also better call quality with VoLTE.

Long story short, a low strength cellular signal means it will be constantly trying to get a better signal, which means it will suck more battery.

What carrier do you have? I'm considering the Network Extender but Verizon makes you PAY for it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy