Android noughat stable battery drain

aniket kuber

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
OK. So I did try DP 5 some days back and went back to marshmallow stable because of the bad battery life . Android system and Android OS taking as much battery as screen. I had hoped it would be fixed in the stable but no, it's still there. I did a factory reset and I am running very minimal number of apps and it's still there. what about you ? Do you face this ?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
OK. So I did try DP 5 some days back and went back to marshmallow stable because of the bad battery life . Android system and Android OS taking as much battery as screen. I had hoped it would be fixed in the stable but no, it's still there. I did a factory reset and I am running very minimal number of apps and it's still there. what about you ? Do you face this ?
Could you attach a screen shot of the battery stats usage page so that we can see what's possibly consuming the battery? Also, after the factory reset, don't restore your account via auto-restore feature. Manually restore and download only the essential apps. Check for battery leak/usage after setting things back up and running the setup for a bit.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I never used any pre builds of N and after almost 24 hours I am also seeing a steady decline in battery, including while I was sleeping. Android OS and System are the top battery eaters.

Posted via the Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been through a number of major and minor updates... the BIGGEST problem that people complain about is battery drain right off the bat. You have to let everything settle. Let the system settle down... the first day or two are always going to drain the battery a little more than usual. After a few days the battery drain will settle down and things will go back to normal.

If you are a big battery drain person and have issues with that normally, it will be worse the first couple days and you might need to charge it in the middle of the day. Typically, I have about 30-40% battery life at the end of most days. I took mine off the charger at 5AM this morning... I'm at 81% right now (just before Noon). I'd say I'm doing just fine.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have been through a number of major and minor updates... the BIGGEST problem that people complain about is battery drain right off the bat. You have to let everything settle. Let the system settle down... the first day or two are always going to drain the battery a little more than usual. After a few days the battery drain will settle down and things will go back to normal..

Im cool with waiting it out...i just hope i am not told to do a factory reset as a resolution because ive done enough of those in the past.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Definitely noticing more battery drain after updating to Nougat yesterday, especially with Android System and OS, showing 6 and 7% drain respectively. On Marshmallow, those would show only 1% drain.

64GB Matte Gold Nexus 6P

NewPepper

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
As a counter point on this, I've had what I felt was much better battery performance today compared to what I normally would see on M. Unscientific of course, and my usage was not high today either, but comparatively for today's usage versus similar days on M I'd say the battery saving features in N are apparent. I was actually pleased with the apparent improvement today, hopefully this will continue to be the case even on days with higher usage.