Android Nougat Battery Issues

TheWillOfSon

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I've been noticing Android OS and Android System are so high up on my battery. I know this has been a problem since the developer previews but why?

Attachments

• 15582.jpg
    15582.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 308

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had great battery life on the previews, but now I was down to 50% at lunch time (normally in the ~75% range) and hadn't done anything out-of-the-ordinary (actually less use today than most days).

I just cleared my cache partition via recovery and I'm charging it now. Hopefully this clears up the issue, but if not, I'm sure Google will patch it sooner or later.

trojanman

May 15, 2010
Visit site
At least after my first full day yesterday on Nougat, I'm experiencing the opposite. Battery life has improved for me, and the new doze is working pretty well. Currently sitting at 89% and it's been unplugged for about 11 hours...granted, most of the time was overnight and I haven't used it much at work. Android System and Android OS usage are both at 2% each.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Currently at 66% battery with 2:30 SOT. Android System is at 5%, OS is at 4%. On M, those would consistently be at 1%. Come on, Google...

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I had to a full nuclear factory reset. Not only did I have Wifi issues with it not connection or disconnecting when sleeping. I factory reset and set it up as a new device did not restore from a backup. I had to reconfigure all my apps again. The only backup I was able to restore was Nova Launcher which I exported. Everything else was from scratch. Now Wifi stays connected and Doze is working.

Also setting up from scratch I was able to avoid installing the useless drain apps like Fit during setup it asked me what Google apps I want so I only chose Notes because I use it. Still forced to install Play Music, Movies app though but no Books app either.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I had to a full nuclear factory reset. Not only did I have Wifi issues with it not connection or disconnecting when sleeping. I factory reset and set it up as a new device did not restore from a backup. I had to reconfigure all my apps again. The only backup I was able to restore was Nova Launcher which I exported. Everything else was from scratch. Now Wifi stays connected and Doze is working.

Also setting up from scratch I was able to avoid installing the useless drain apps like Fit during setup it asked me what Google apps I want so I only chose Notes because I use it. Still forced to install Play Music, Movies app though but no Books app either.

I did a factory reset as well, but I'm still getting the battery drain and doze not working.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I had great battery life on the previews, but now I was down to 50% at lunch time (normally in the ~75% range) and hadn't done anything out-of-the-ordinary (actually less use today than most days).

I just cleared my cache partition via recovery and I'm charging it now. Hopefully this clears up the issue, but if not, I'm sure Google will patch it sooner or later.

Did the cache wipe help?

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset as well, but I'm still getting the battery drain and doze not working.
Did you restore from a older backup or set it up as completely new? I had to set it up a a new device. The only thing I imported from a backup was my Nova Launcher and Power Toggle settings.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Was fine on the previews, seems much worse now. Has anyone tried a factory reset? If so did it help?

I did a factory reset after N install to make sure i had a clean version, no file corruption, and still had the drain issue. However, I've done a cache wipe since this post and it seems that my device is properly dozing again. We shall see.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you restore from a older backup or set it up as completely new? I had to set it up a a new device. The only thing I imported from a backup was my Nova Launcher and Power Toggle settings.

I restored from the previous backup because I had no battery drain issues. This phone is still under a one year factory warranty, so I'll definitely contact Google if the problem persists. I've been losing 50%battery within 3 hours time with an hour of sot. Something's definitely not right.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Did the cache wipe help?

Doesn't seem like it has. I was at 70% at 10AM this morning after fairly heavy use (playing a game but less than an hour SOT).

Fortunately, I have a charger at work, so there's no issue for me, but it would not last a full day if I didn't. Wouldn't last until 2pm at that rate.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The main issue I have is the new app permissions. Gsam can't track battery usage by individual app. It can only give me an aggregate figure. So I know that apps are taking 68% of the power usage but I can't tell if any one app is draining my battery.

Last edited:

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
This is mine after 1 hr, been running nougats final build for about a week

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160902-090209.jpg
    Screenshot_20160902-090209.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 125

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering, anyone here connect to 5ghz signal on wifi? I have been having issues with Doze and last night, I switch to 2.4Ghz and Doze worked perfect last night with 2-3% drain 8 hours. When I was connected to 5Ghz, I would get 20% drain.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering, anyone here connect to 5ghz signal on wifi? I have been having issues with Doze and last night, I switch to 2.4Ghz and Doze worked perfect last night with 2-3% drain 8 hours. When I was connected to 5Ghz, I would get 20% drain.

My option to select 2.4 or 5Ghz was removed on the wifi settings after Nougat. Anyone else notice this?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have my router to have a 2.4 and a 5 GHz signal with two different names. I disconnected from the 5ghz and "forgot" the password.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

I'll check mine tonight see if there's a difference, I have the Netgear nighthawk ac1900

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc