Hello, I'm a long time Google Voice user who recently went with a new carrier (Verizon) and new phone (Nexus 6P). If I make an outgoing call through Hangouts (which I have installed), the call shows up as having been made from my Google Voice number. But if I make an outgoing call or send a text using the phone's native dialer/apps, my carrier's cell phone number is what appears to recipients (which I don't want). Does anyone know if there's a way I can configure the phone so that all communications (be they voice calls, text, MMS, whatever) always show up as coming from my GV number? I used to have it like this when I had a different phone on Sprint, but so far, am stumped with Verizon (had to switch carriers because of coverage issues). I do have my Google Voice app set to 'make all calls from GV,' but native apps still show my carrier's true cell phone number. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    08-24-2016 07:41 PM
    Get the legacy Google voice app and configure it to do that.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.googlevoice

You can still use hangouts for SMS, MMS etc. You don't ever have to use the old app again, just bury it somewhere.
    GSDer likes this.
    08-24-2016 08:49 PM
    Thanks, but when I clicked that link to Google Voice's app, it shows that I already have that app installed (i.e. that's what I'm already using on the phone). What I'm thinking is that, when you use the GV app's settings to choose whether to make calls from your GV number of your carrier/cell number, it applies only to functions involving that particular app and not the phone's native dialer app. I was hoping for some way to make all my calls and texts show as coming from my GV number, regardless of what particular app I'm using. Am I missing something? Thanks!
    08-25-2016 01:01 PM