Getting a lock screen to work with FP sensor

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I just installed "Next" lockscreen, and am having trouble getting the fingerprint sensor to work with it. If I disable the default lockscreen, it also disables the sensor. However, if I enable the sensor, it also seems to enable the default lock screen again... prompting me to swipe up once to dismiss Next, and then swipe down to dismiss the default lockscreen.
Anyone ever have similar issues and know a workaround? :-[

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it (Next
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.microsoft.next&token=lvhZYE-j) and it seemed to work correctly with the fingerprint sensor. I didn't disable the stock lock screen or anything else - I just went through the default setup process.

The only oddity that I've seen is that if I drag-down from the top of the screen (where it displays the time and temperature) then it takes me to the stock lock screen, rather than promoting me to input my PIN (my backup unlock mechanism).

Edit: I fiddled around a bit with the Next settings and now dragging down prompts me for the Next PIN (which, to be clear, is different from the system lock screen PIN that I previously had in place).
ee47522fabbe6f16a2bd414386c7aa8b.jpg

Last edited:

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
The only oddity that I've seen is that if I drag-down from the top of the screen (where it displays the time and temperature) then it takes me to the stock lock screen, rather than promoting me to input my PIN (my backup unlock mechanism).

Exactly, it takes you to the default lock screen

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but if I used my fingerprint then it unlocked the device completely.
See the edit I made to my previous post for more information about this.

For me it does too but sometimes it's easier to hit the button than use the fingerprint.
Is it now only prompting you to unlock once or are you still seeing both the Next and the default lock screen, resulting in 2 swipes?