Nougat OTA Update

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
There was another post regarding this, but I can't find it. So with that said, has anyone received the update OTA that is not on Beta developer preview? I'm still waiting for the OTA update. :(

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
You can join beta and download final build and then exit beta, it will not wipe your device and you will be left with final build, that's exactly how I did it.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
You can join beta and download final build and then exit beta, it will not wipe your device and you will be left with final build, that's exactly how I did it.

Well I would do that but I would backup up my stuff just in case but I don't want to deal with backing up everything. Anyone have an idea when the OTA update will reach phones not on beta?

anon(319128)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I did it yesterday, since my setup was just a day old and had nothing to lose. It went flawlessly. I joined the beta. Then 10 seconds later the update notification arrived. I downloaded a very large file, and it updated away. Then I immediately went back to the beta site and opted out. All good, no data loss, and lots of nougatty goodness!

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
There was another post regarding this, but I can't find it. So with that said, has anyone received the update OTA that is not on Beta developer preview? I'm still waiting for the OTA update. :(

No update here yet, only been a week and I'm starting to get impatient, thinking I'll do the beta thing..... Haha

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Doubt they're going to release a factory image at the moment with so many reported issues. Just give it time.

If you want it that badly, join the beta and trigger the OTA.

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Battery drain has been all over the place with everybody.im on ñ and my battery life seems to be about the same or better than on marshmellow although I only had my phone 1 week before I upgraded to android n and didn't really take time to compare.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is better then Marshmallow's latest update but not as good as when the 6P was released. I used to get 4-5 hours of SOT but now, I struggle to get 3.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's been out since August 22. Enroll in the Beta program and you will get the official update. Then remove your phone from the beta program.
The latest update is the official update.

TechReviews1

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi. On a friend's Nexus 5X, they have received the OTA update already. They were not on the Developer preview. It was released to them about a week ago.

It really all depends on what carrier your Nexus 6P is with. Different carriers release the update at different times (even though they should all be relatively very close in a time range). You should get it in the next coming weeks. It shouldn't be too long for you to get it. If you do want to get it now or earlier, I have heard that you can sign up for the Developer Preview now, get that installed on your 6P, then you should get the OTA update for the real Nougat in a day or so. That's what I have heard, I don't know if it's 100% correct. Hope this helps!