Extremely painful WiFi problems

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Since the June security update my Nexus 6P has had terrible wifi connection. Like to the point where I want to throw the phone out the window. YouTube videos pause to load about every 5-10 seconds, browsing the internet is painful. Once I switch over to network data there's no issue and I obviously can't just stay on network data. It's not my router because nobody else in my family has any problems. Does anyone know what I should do? I waited until I downloaded Nougat (which was today) to see if that helped but it didn't fix anything. Oh and also, when I turn my wifi on I have to go into the settings and press the on/off switch about 10(sometimes more) times rapidly before my phone recognises that there are wifi signals. If I don't do that every time then my phone won't connect. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Maybe I should just contact Google directly?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Since the June security update my Nexus 6P has had terrible wifi connection. Like to the point where I want to throw the phone out the window. YouTube videos pause to load about every 5-10 seconds, browsing the internet is painful. Once I switch over to network data there's no issue and I obviously can't just stay on network data. It's not my router because nobody else in my family has any problems. Does anyone know what I should do? I waited until I downloaded Nougat (which was today) to see if that helped but it didn't fix anything. Oh and also, when I turn my wifi on I have to go into the settings and press the on/off switch about 10(sometimes more) times rapidly before my phone recognises that there are wifi signals. If I don't do that every time then my phone won't connect. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Maybe I should just contact Google directly?

I realize no one else in the house is having issues, but are they using the same device? Your router may be having issues with the phone as it does have different hardware.
Have you tried it on any other wifi networks besides your home?
If not, I would try if you can, if it's fine then I would try first, just a simple POWER CYCLE of your router.
If that doesn't work go to your router manufacture page and see if there's any firmware updates for your router and do the update.
See if that helps, as I have not seen this issue with anyone else since the update, sounds like it's just you at this point

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I realize no one else in the house is having issues, but are they using the same device? Your router may be having issues with the phone as it does have different hardware.
Have you tried it on any other wifi networks besides your home?
If not, I would try if you can, if it's fine then I would try first, just a simple POWER CYCLE of your router.
If that doesn't work go to your router manufacture page and see if there's any firmware updates for your router and do the update.
See if that helps, as I have not seen this issue with anyone else since the update, sounds like it's just you at this point
I will try that thank you.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I also have had terrible wifi connection on my Nexus 6P for about a month. I did a factory reset of the router (usually by holding "reset" for ten seconds). That'll reset your username and password. I have had no issues since then.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I also have had terrible wifi connection on my Nexus 6P for about a month. I did a factory reset of the router (usually by holding "reset" for ten seconds). That'll reset your username and password. I have had no issues since then.

You have to hold the reset in for way longer than 10 seconds to get an actual factory reset. You would need a good 45 seconds typically.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I should just contact Google directly?
That's certainly one option.

Before that, though, there are some basic things to try:
- power off the phone
- boot into Safe mode
- wipe the system cache in Recovery mode
- perform a Factory Reset

If none of these pan out and you have the same problem connecting to other WiFi sources then it's time to see what Google has to offer.

BTW, your device is not still on the June patch, right?

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
My Wifi would disconnect constantly. A factory reset my Nexus 6P was the only fix that worked for me.

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
That's certainly one option.

Before that, though, there are some basic things to try:
- power off the phone
- boot into Safe mode
- wipe the system cache in Recovery mode
- perform a Factory Reset

If none of these pan out and you have the same problem connecting to other WiFi sources then it's time to see what Google has to offer.

BTW, your device is not still on the June patch, right?
I will try it and yes I had the June update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams