My boss has the Nexus 6p and we have been trying to figure this out for weeks. He has his exchange email account set up on his phone in the default mail app (also tried setting up his email account through the Outlook app and the problem remains).

If he gets an email his phone will give a sound notification and the screen lights up. However, if he doesn't unlock his phone and look at the email, all the rest of his incoming emails don't give a sound notification, even though the next incoming emails are there. His phone won't give a sound notification for any emails UNTIL he looks at his unread email. At that point it will only give a sound notification for the next incoming email after that but not for a second, third, fourth email until he looks at his unread email again.

We have been looking through settings in the mail app, outlook app, Android settings, and have been googling this but can't figure out how to make his Nexus 6p "ding" (sound notification) for every incoming email regardless of if he looked at the previous emails or not. I have used many Android phones and so has he. If we have our phones in our pocket or on the desk, if we get five emails, then our phones will give a sound notification for every one of them regardless of if we look at our phones or not. This problem is only occurring with his 6p.
    09-13-2016 11:53 AM
    My boss has the Nexus 6p and we have been trying to figure this out for weeks. He has his exchange email account set up on his phone in the default mail app (also tried setting up his email account through the Outlook app and the problem remains).

If he gets an email his phone will give a sound notification and the screen lights up. However, if he doesn't unlock his phone and look at the email, all the rest of his incoming emails don't give a sound notification, even though the next incoming emails are there. His phone won't give a sound notification for any emails UNTIL he looks at his unread email. At that point it will only give a sound notification for the next incoming email after that but not for a second, third, fourth email until he looks at his unread email.

We have been looking through settings in the mail app, outlook app, Android settings, and have been googling this but can't figure out how to make his Nexus 6p "ding" (sound notification) for every incoming email regardless of if he looked at the previous emails or not.
    What email app are you using?
    09-13-2016 11:56 AM
    We have tried both the default mail app on the 6p and the Outlook app. Problem occurs with both.
    09-13-2016 11:58 AM
    We have tried both the default mail app on the 6p and the Outlook app. Problem occurs with both.
    I know that with Gmail app you can play notification for each email you receive, even if you don't read the first.
    09-13-2016 12:11 PM
    Correct and we did enable that setting but it doesn't do it. I am thinking it is a setting somewhere in Android itself and not in the mail apps since the problem remains regardless of what the mail app is that is being used.
    09-13-2016 12:27 PM
    Well I was able to recreate this same problem on my Nexus 7 after I got home. What I found is that whatever the primary email address is, it will make a Sound notification for every incoming email. However, whatever is the second email address configured for the phone it won't. It will only make a Sound notification for the first email received and then won't notify you of any other incoming emails until you actually open the mail app. However, when I went and deleted the original email address on my Nexus, then the second email address (now being the only email address on the phone) started notifying me of every email.

Any fix for this, or should I say, settings change for this?
    09-13-2016 08:07 PM
    Well I was able to recreate this same problem on my Nexus 7 after I got home. What I found is that whatever the primary email address is, it will make a Sound notification for every incoming email. However, whatever is the second email address configured for the phone it won't. It will only make a Sound notification for the first email received and then won't notify you of any other incoming emails until you actually open the mail app. However, when I went and deleted the original email address on my Nexus, then the second email address (now being the only email address on the phone) started notifying me of every email.

Any fix for this, or should I say, settings change for this?
    I'm not aware of a fix or settings, sorry...
    09-14-2016 12:08 AM