Android 7.0 Nougut OTA Update

DeeNH

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Received both updates last night and became aware that they were there via notification.
My carrier is Verizon through Tracfone.

One odd thing that has occurred since the upgrade is that the top and bottom bars on my screen have turned orange. I don't know why and I don't know if it's due to my use of Nova Launcher. I can't figure out how to change it. I don't like the orange and if anyone can advise on how to change it, please do. Thanks.

crosspatch

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Nova, and don't have that issue.

Is your battery low, or did you enable the "Battery Saver" function? I know in Android 6.0, the "Battery Saver" function would cause those areas to turn orange...

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the T update through beta and unsubscribed. Will I receive the U update in the near future? It will I have to wait for the 7.1 update?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Should I be concerned that my build number is NRD90M? I got 7.0 via the beta.

That's not an official release for the 6P. If you look at the factory images page NRD90T followed by NRD90U are the official releases. I had to enroll again to get NRD90T but I have know idea how I get to NRD90U without flashing the factory image and I have no interest in that. NRD90M is actually on the list of 5X images which makes things even more confusing since that is what I got from the beta program. That said, my phone is running better battery wise in NRD90T than NRD90M.

Graymonkey

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I got the M update (August) via the beta program. I did a factory reset the other night and still haven't gotten the U (September) update. I don't want to enroll in the beta program again.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the M update (August) via the beta program. I did a factory reset the other night and still haven't gotten the U (September) update. I don't want to enroll in the beta program again.

If don't want to enroll in the beta program, don't. I'm in the Beta program and don't have the U update, just the T one. There's no guarantee you'd get U from Beta anyway.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Got my update a few days ago, now the fingerprint reader doesnt work any more
Have you tried removing the fingerprint(s) that you added previously and adding them back again?

If you've already tried that, have you tried wiping the system cache in Recovery mode?

What about a Factory Reset?

Torkuda

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
It doesnt even say it is an incorrect fingerprint, it simply does nothing. I tried to get into the recovery mode to clear the cache but I just got the dead android guy and it said no command. Havent tried doing a factory reset, I try to avoid that if I can.

After restarting again though I think the reader might be working :confused:

Last edited:

crosspatch

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely hate my 6P since the Android 7.0 update. It has been a nonstop crapfest. Every app I have crashes. When I try sending work emails, the app crashes and everything is lost. My primary mail app crashed under similar circumstances also--while I was trying to send a bug report about ANOTHER app that had just crashed! The SETTINGS APP crashed on me.

Oh, I know, I know, "factory reset". Sure. Sure. I'll get right on that. It's not this garbage update, no way.

And I forgot to mention that EVERY app that has a notification now also has an icon, whereas before, they had just the notification. So now I have 8 stupid icons I don't want or need. Good stuff all around.

God forbid anyone do their job. I had an app that didn't even OPEN after their supposed "Android 7.0 update". Three emails of pure frustration and 30 minutes of my life later, and POOF, it works. One down, 157 to go!

I've come so close to snapping this turd in half... And believe me, I can.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, typo: meant 16 MB (so used to talking in GBs I mis-typed it).

And I woke this morning to find that I had the N update finally available. Unfortunately, after reading about the battery and BlueTooth issues, I want to do the Factory Reset routine to make sure I get the cleanest install possible, but I'm out of the country for a week starting tomorrow, so don't have time to deal with all that entails (and can't lose my airline apps). Looks like this will have to wait until I get back. But, I've waited this long ....

Well, I actually ended up installing N before I my trip, sort of by accident. But, the install was smooth and uneventful, and I am apparently one of the fortunate few for whom nearly everything is going fine. As I mentioned in the thread about bluetooth issues, my BT has been a little glitchy since the upgrade but, for the most part, it's working pretty much as before and not causing me any significant angst; and my battery life has settled in at close to the same as before the upgrade. A few new features I really like: the volume rocker is now functional again when the screen is locked (something I complained about having disappeared with a prior Marshmallow "security" update) - it's a little thing, but I listen to music a lot and was annoying to have to unlock the phone just to change the volume; the new settings bar at the top of the notification shade is extremely convenient; and I discovered the split screen multitasking functionality completely by accident and LOVE it! Not a huge fan of the new monochrome notifications themselves; they all tend to blend together, but it's not a huge deal, and I am liking the ability to reply to texts and emails directly from the notification. Just a few thoughts so far, for what they're worth.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
It doesnt even say it is an incorrect fingerprint, it simply does nothing. I tried to get into the recovery mode to clear the cache but I just got the dead android guy and it said no command. Havent tried doing a factory reset, I try to avoid that if I can.

After restarting again though I think the reader might be working :confused:

When you get to the No Command screen, hold down the power button and press and release the volume up button. This should take you to recovery where you can wipe the cache partition.