I know that sounds like a strange request but, I live in a low area that has a weak signal. Sprint gave me an Airave to take care of the problem, problem solved. Also my last phone (Note 4) had wifi calling, problem solved. Now I have a 6P no wifi calling, problem. I have my phone set on LTE (recommended) and when I'm in my house the signal is in and out and especially in my office that is in my basement I miss calls.

I would like to have an app the when I am in a specific location (my house) it automatically switches to 3G so I can hit my airave without having to manually switch it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    09-18-2016 08:11 AM
    Well it is a paid app and will do much more than what you are asking, so it may seem like overkill, but Tasker if compatible with your device will do what you are looking for. It performs automated functions that you program and there are several triggers to start these functions, least of which is a location based trigger. So when you're home it will switch to 3G or any band that you choose and when you leave will return your device to full 4G or again any band that you choose. The options and functions of this app are really only limited by your imagination and willingness to learn. The set-up can be a bit daunting at first but once you learn the basics it's pretty simple. There are also program templates to help with functions that other users have already developed. If you go online and find it there used to be a 30 day free trial, if you find it at the Play Store you will have the standard 3 hour return policy.
    09-18-2016 08:35 AM
    If you're interested in WiFi calling you could try the Hangouts Dialer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hangoutsdialer (obviously in conjunction with Hangouts).

If you search for '3G' in the Google Play Store you'll find a bunch of apps that (supposedly) allow you to toggle between 2G, 3G and 4G - most of them haven't been updated in over a year, and have ratings below 4.0 so YMMV.
    09-18-2016 12:50 PM
    Network Mode is the play store
    09-18-2016 02:14 PM