Bit of a weird one, my 6p on Android N (did this on M as well) sometimes just dies out of nowhere, the entire phone just acts like the battery was removed.

Will only come back on if I plug a power source into it, sometimes it resets the time and date when I boot it back up.

Just happened now and the battery monitor shows this:

Any ideas what might be up with it ?

Running official N on an unlocked 6p UK, device is second hand but originally purchased in March this year

Thanks
    09-19-2016 08:35 AM
    I'm not doing anything battery hogging of or high power usage, did it when I switched to HDR mode on the camera once, today I was browsing on chrome with clash of clans in the background
    09-19-2016 08:46 AM
    It sounds like a hardware problem but you should try the obvious things first:
    - boot into Safe Mode and see if the problem still occurs
    - perform a Factory Reset (and don't reload your apps) and see if the problem still occurs

You didn't mention how often the problem occurs, so Safe Mode may be rather difficult since you won't be able to use any 3rd party apps while in that configuration (simply restart to exit from Safe Mode).

When the screen goes black is the phone actually turned off? If you send an email or TM to it is there any sign of life?
    If you press-and-hold the Power button for 30 seconds nothing happens?
    09-19-2016 11:18 AM
    I'm hoping to avoid safe mode, reason been I use the Blackberry Hub and it wipes all the accounts and data if you boot into safe mode (thanks BB) with no known way to back to all up.

Already tried a reset, forgot to mention,

It's literally random, I couldn't put a how often on it, I think the device actually turns off, no life at all, until plugged in, the loosing time and date says to me that something is badly wrong here
    09-19-2016 11:45 AM
    Well, assuming that after the Factory Reset you didn't reload your usual suite of applications, it must be a hardware problem - time to get it replaced.

If you could take a video of it after it happens, including all the things you try before finally connecting the power cord, that might be helpful to send to whomever is repairing it.
    09-19-2016 04:24 PM
    God this will be expensive

It did it again half an hour ago, out of nowhere just died
    09-19-2016 04:29 PM
    Why will it be expensive? Isn't it still under warranty?

On the bright side, it's happening more often so it should be easier to repair (although I'd think they'd replace the whole logic board, if they even send you the same unit).
    09-19-2016 04:52 PM
    It's second hand, so I don't have the original proof of purchase, not sure if they will take it back without it

Googles contact page for Google Store Purchased devices need you to login to the account you purchased the device on which is impossible
    09-20-2016 04:26 AM
    Perhaps you could contact the seller (hopefully (s)he's the original purchaser) and see if you can get it serviced that way?
    09-20-2016 09:39 AM
    Well, ended up contacting Google, the Original owner sent me his order details, google say they need to confirm with him that he did sell the device, this may be a pain in the backside to do
    10-02-2016 04:49 AM
    Have a replacement coming, rather easy to deal with Google; pleasantly surprised
    10-04-2016 03:27 AM