ALLO is out !

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Plenty of coverage on our own AC Blogs since last night, too :)
These are the top Allo features you need to know | Android Central

For me, this is a no-go. Single-device locking, no history backup, features I have in other services missing (like a web interface), people seem to be complaining about getting the SMSs with random, unknown numbers... nope, no thanks.

I'm going to uninstall probably. Unless there is an update to make this an SMS client, and merge it with messenger. Otherwise no thanks Google, nice first attempt, but it looked like this is going the way of Wave.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to uninstall probably. Unless there is an update to make this an SMS client, and merge it with messenger. Otherwise no thanks Google, nice first attempt, but it looked like this is going the way of Wave.

OMG! Had forgotten about Wave haha. Yup, not liking it. Not going to install it.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Not ones that don't offer end to end encryption and store my stuff on their servers, no. Especially from Google who is very much in bed with the Feds.

Yea got to look out for all the spying they do.... Does anyone have any tinfoil?! I'm out right now

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So, your beef that they didnt offer it was wrong, now its just that you have to tap an extra button to do it?
I don't have a 'beef.' I am simply not going to be using it. I value my privacy whether I have 'something to hide' or not (I know that's coming.) Which, by the way is a weak argument. Have fun.

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a 'beef.' I am simply not going to be using it. I value my privacy whether I have 'something to hide' or not (I know that's coming.) Which, by the way is a weak argument. Have fun.

I dont care whether or not you use it at all, doesnt make any difference to me. I only care that you are spreading disinformation.

Have fun.

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I dont have to Google it, I have actually used the app. It supports end to end encryption, does not store your messages, and in fact deletes them completely at an interval you can set.

As opposed to your statement:
Not ones that don't offer end to end encryption and store my stuff on their servers
which is false.

Because you have to opt in to do that, does not mean it doesnt do it at all, or that they do not offer it.

Your privacy is only at risk as much as you are willing to risk it. If you cared that much, one tap would not make any difference.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so since you're arguing semantics, I'll admit that I was 'misinformative' , not 'disinformative' as you said earlier. Tomato, tomatto.

Fact of the matter is that the AVERAGE users privacy is still at risk. If other 3rd party apps can EtoE encryption out of the box, why can't Google? We should not have to OPT in!

Anyways, I'm done. To the grill!

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Its not semantics. You said they didnt offer it, which is not true.

In any case, its off by default, so that Google assistant can operate. If the chat is encrypted, obviously the assistant cannot 'read' it in order to do its assisting.

Enjoy the grilling.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yawn.... 5% of folks I type to are on WhatsApp, 10% on FB Messenger, and the balance on plain old SMS. This is from a sample size of a hundred or so folks I type to, so I don't think I'm that much of an outlier.

The reality I see is that here in the US, SMS is still what the vast majority of folks use. They don't give a @&%$ about the features that a small number of people use. They want to be able communicate cross platform in words.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084