Can't Answer Phone Since Nougat!!

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you have some evidence to support that? If it was hardware, why did the problem suddenly start when the OP updated to 7.0?

Just search online. Lots of folks have this issue right after updating to nougat and no one knows why nougat can affect they sensor. For those folks even when they go back to marshmallow, the issue still exists.

Only way to solve this is by sending your phone back to Huawei.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Just search online. Lots of folks have this issue right after updating to nougat and no one knows why nougat can affect they sensor.
Funny, I tried this exact search https://www.google.com/search?q=can...ndroid-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8 and the only result that was even close was this post. I tried half-a-dozen similar searches and couldn't find any results that had anything to do with Nougat. (Note: there were lots of results that had to do with other phones, and proximity sensors, but none having anything to do with Android 7.)

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Funny, I tried this exact search https://www.google.com/search?q=can...ndroid-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8 and the only result that was even close was this post. I tried half-a-dozen similar searches and couldn't find any results that had anything to do with Nougat. (Note: there were lots of results that had to do with other phones, and proximity sensors, but none having anything to do with Android 7.)

You have to search Nexus 6p proximity sensor issue.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You have to search Nexus 6p proximity sensor issue.
I did a search for 'Nexus 6P proximity sensor' and couldn't find a single link on the first page of results that had anything to do with the update to Nougat; tons of results dealing with faulty screen protector design; cracked screens; dropped phones; faulty sensors - nothing attributable to Android 7.

danedwards

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same problem off and on during factory resets of my phone while trying out various Nougat roms for my Moto X 2014. This time it was LineageOS 14.1. Exact same syptoms. I found that under the phone app settings the phone app was not set as the application for phone actions. No app was. From settings/apps/phone I clicked the phone action (which was blank) A window popped up and asked which app to use for phone actions. The only choice was phone. This took me back to the phone settings, and it now said phone where before it was blank. All is good now.

PeterKovesdy

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
have you checked the dialer app is allowed notifications?
I had the same issue and it was blocked.

That is the point. At first when I allowed notification on Caller app. and I called myself from another phone, the porbleme still standed. But after I set default setting (all apps to allow), my phone get well! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech