Anyway to downgrade to marshmallow?

Torkuda

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
My phone has been pretty sluggish since I upgraded to 7.0. I still need to try a factory reset I suppose but as a backup plan is there any way to go back to marshmallow without rooting?

TGIS

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
My phone has been pretty sluggish since I upgraded to 7.0. I still need to try a factory reset I suppose but as a backup plan is there any way to go back to marshmallow without rooting?
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Had similar problems, flashed a Marshmallow image without rooting. But be careful, you may brick your device, though it is very unlikely and you should end up OK.

Last edited:

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That's the stock recovery, phase 1. From that screen, hold the power button then at the same time press quickly the volume up. Release both buttons. Stock recovery, phase 2: recovery commands.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
But be careful, you may brick your device.
That is a possibility any time you flash an image, be it via OTA or command line or toolbox - but it's rather unlikely if you're flashing a stock image without special Recovery and following manufacturer procedures. So I wouldn't scare someone off unless you have some specific examples to provide.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173