nexus 6p recent app and doze problem

Sergio Tassoni

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
hello guys, first of all it is nice to meet you all and well i just bought a new nexus 6p like 3 weeks ago and the phone has nehaved really well in these weeks except for a couple problems that i have. the first one and more important one is that the recent apps buttom stops working completely after sometime and by this i mean that for example i turn the phone on and i works perfectly but after a couple hours everytime i tap the recent apps buttom nothing happens, its like i havr not done anything. my other two buttoms are ok though and i found out that if i change to another user it works perfectly in thenother users account.

the second problem is about doze, everytime i go to the optimize battery setting and i tap optimize the settings change from not optimize to optimize but when i tap return and re-enter again i found that the setting turned off by itself. i dont know why is this happening.

i have the latest version and never tried the phone with marshmallow so i dont know if these problems come because of the nougat update or were there before. i know is a long thread so thank you for reading and i hope to hear you back as soon as possiblr. thanks guys

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How long does the problem with the Recent button last if you don't login to the Guest account?

If you simply power off and back on (since there's no Restart feature :( does the problem go away?

Have you tried running in Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away?

Regarding your other issue - I don't fiddle with those settings. Are you having a battery life issue?

Sergio Tassoni

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
well. the problem last until i turn off the phone. but when i turn it off and then back on the problem goes away for a couple hours. the problem last indefinetely if i dont do that. whats weird about it is that it doesnt happen in the whole phone. if i log on with another user the problem will not be there with the other.

i havent used safe mode. how can i use it?

regarding the battery issue. well im not experiencing battery problems right now so it is not my priority to solve this. the battery last me quite some time actually.

thank you very much for your answer

Sergio Tassoni

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
hello guys just to give you a quick update.

it seems that the recent apps button problem is gone now. i have 2 days without experiencing it. my best guess about what happened was that google allo was messing something up with the recent apps button given that I tried the phone on safe mode and it worked perfectly and then i went app by app seeing which one was the one causing it and it started when i oppened google allo. so for those guys that could be experiencing the same problem my best advice is to start by deleting that app and see if it get fixed.

this didnt fix my other problem. the battery optimization one so that means that other app is the one causing that problem. since for me thats not a big issue given that my battery is working ok i will not search which apps is giving me problems. but im sure someone will be interested in checking.

thanks again for all the help guys.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about Allo! Although I'm not seeing that on my 6P. Make sure you send some feedback to Google through the Allo app's settings menu.

You don't have any 3rd party battery saver apps installed, do you?

Sergio Tassoni

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
i had avast battery but that was long unistalled, i figure it would mess with the battery settings and i dont see the real gains on those apps. i still have avast antivirus thougy

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
the second problem is about doze, everytime i go to the optimize battery setting and i tap optimize the settings change from not optimize to optimize but when i tap return and re-enter again i found that the setting turned off by itself.
I'm not sure what you're describing, or what you expect to see, so here's what I see when I go into that sub-menu:
3d2a7f877aafa4fd25c55caba7773a3b.jpg
This is the initial view showing which apps are not optimized (and for whatever reason none of them can be selected)
58ee489701d1f4a6f39ebb599144545d.jpg
These are the only two options - to show non-optimized apps (the default view) and to show all apps.
84f0ab608af128744197745df26740d8.jpg
When you show all apps (that are optimized) you can select one to turn optimization off
a47bb72a35fe3f62ec14a04477ada866.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03