HELP please --- My 6P is not getting security updates any longer

menkalos

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I got the Nougat update on my Nexus 6p and it's been fine. But I just got cut off my company's email system because my security updates are not current. When I go to the Phone Status/System Updates page it says I'm up to date - nothing to download. However, I can see that it's only the August 5, 2016 Security Patch Level, and my company requires at least September now that October's is out.

I want to download the OTA patch and install it with ADB. However, when I try to find the right one to download, they're identified by Build number. My phone says NRD90M. But according to the table on this page (https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/ota) that build is for a Pixel C - not a Nexus 6P. There is no NRD90M entry under the Nexus header. So I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

JCHAOS

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
go here on chrome, log in and join the beta. https://www.google.com/android/beta?u=0

wait a few minutes and you will have the latest waiting to download. after installing, go back and un-enroll. will not wipe the device unless a beta version of n was installed, which it shouldn't have been, only the update and security patch.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I want to download the OTA patch and install it with ADB. However, when I try to find the right one to download, they're identified by Build number. My phone says NRD90M.
Although it's not shown on the website you listed, NRD90M is the original 7.0 released build (ie it was the first build pushed following the end of the 7.0 Developer Previews). Not sure why your phone hasn't received subsequent security updates, but as you can see from the forums it's rather a crapshoot whether folks have received updates without having to enlist in the Beta program (as suggested in the previous post).

If you're comfortable using the command line to flash I'd suggest doing that rather than fiddling with the Beta program - just flash NBD90X.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
why dont ya just scroll down abit more and look for Angler. The Ryu is the first one mentioned, but not the last :) Newest OTA listed is for 7.0.0 NBD90X, which is October

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1