New Pixel camera APK

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if anyone has tried this yet, but it works pretty good on my 6p on the latest 90x build. Both cameras are still available and I didn't have to remove the stock one.. Here's where I saw it and it's from XDA...

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-camera-available-for-nexus-5x-nexus-6p-722079/
For those of us not lucky enough to have one of the new Pixel devices on pre-order, you can still enjoy some of the software benefits the device brings.

Slicktune

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Why isnt anyone saying whether this app is making the shooting in hdr+ picture taking faster or not, if u downloaded it ok...so?? Did i make a difference in performance???

Thanks in advance!!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Why isnt anyone saying whether this app is making the shooting in hdr+ picture taking faster or not, if u downloaded it ok...so?? Did i make a difference in performance???

Thanks in advance!!

It helps a little.. I mean it's not night and day different.. But it is a little quicker.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Thanks in advance!!

I had it for a few days. I didn't really notice any difference other than Burst mode stopped working. I went back to stock version.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Pixel Camera for a couple of days and I can tell that the light adjustment, and focusing seems to be faster, I always leave HDR Mode on, and the camera app not only takes the pictures faster, but it also processes the HDR Photo faster as well. The quicker adjustment to different lighting situations is nice as well!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If I install this, will I get updates to it in the future? If not, how do I know when there are updates? I've seen these extracted APKs before but I never see a post about an update for them.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the Pixel Camera for a couple of days and I can tell that the light adjustment, and focusing seems to be faster, I always leave HDR Mode on, and the camera app not only takes the pictures faster, but it also processes the HDR Photo faster as well. The quicker adjustment to different lighting situations is nice as well!

Hmmmm...I didn't really notice any of this and I was looking for it. I was also hoping the EIS would improve. Maybe I will try it again later.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
If I install this, will I get updates to it in the future? If not, how do I know when there are updates? I've seen these extracted APKs before but I never see a post about an update for them.

No, because you have to disable the stock Camera app for this APK to work.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If I install this, will I get updates to it in the future? If not, how do I know when there are updates?
Unless an update to the Pixel version comes out, which someone would then have to port to work on 7.0, you will not get an update to this app.

However, once 7.1 is released it will hopefully include this feature for older devices. At that point it would replace the existing Camera app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674