New 6P user, came from LG G4

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Did not have the "boot loop" problem but had other issues which effected usage. The worst was I lost all cell service 6 times in the last month. It just happened; no advance warning. Could be corrected only by battery pull (just a reboot would not correct). Usually took several times to regain cell service. Even though I am a "very lite" user, probably only average one call per week & 1 or 2 texts per day; if you can't rely on the phone to work when needed; why have it?
I bought an unlocked USA 6P from Amazon; arrived this Wed. early evening; started to get used to phone (no cell service; not activated yet, on wifi only). got a messg that updates were available; clicked ok and plugged in. Updated for a long time (several updates - 6 or 7) I now have 7.0; security patch 10-5; build no. NBD90x). I believe this is the latest available. Yesterday morning I activated with Verizon & dropped my G4. So far works great - very fast (no lag); great screen (full sun or inside), loud speaker, fingerprint works perfect almost every time (only issue is I am a klutz & sometimes I don't put my finger in the correct spot) & good battery life. The only issue is the placement of the vol & on/off buttons on the side. I would much prefer them higher (I keep changing the vol); will take some getting used to.

Last edited:

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there a question here? I assume that you are talking about the G4 whne you mention a battery pull as that is impossible on the 6P

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Did not have the "boot loop" problem but had other issues which effected usage. The worst was I lost all cell service 6 times in the last month. It just happened; no advance warning. Could be corrected only by battery pull (just a reboot would not correct). Usually took several times to regain cell service. Even though I am a "very lite" user, probably only average one call per week & 1 or 2 texts per day; if you can't rely on the phone to work when needed; why have it?

Yup.. I had a g4 too.. Mine would loose signal if I placed my hands across the top of the phone..

The 6p is a much better phone for signal quality.. And a whole bunch more..

Welcome to the club

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I also had a G4, experienced tons of problems eventually sold it and got the 6P...best move I ever mode. I think the camera on the G4 was slightly better but otherwise the 6P outperforms in every other category. Enjoy the awesome phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs