Got 7.1, anyone notice any new features?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Updated to the 7.1 beta. Seems to be working fine but I haven't noticed any new features. Has anyone else noticed anything new or different?

Antonthegreat

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
If you are using google launcher hold down icon to get to additional shortcuts. If u use Google keyboard and Google messenger you can click the smiley and get to gifs. Camera seems to have improved speed. Restart option when holding power

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I just want that weather widget at the top right hand corner with the date. I use Nova beta and it only has the date right now and I couldn't get the Pixel Launcher to display that info.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I just want that weather widget at the top right hand corner with the date. I use Nova beta and it only has the date right now and I couldn't get the Pixel Launcher to display that info.

Go to app permissions for the Pixel Launcher and turn on location support. I don't remember if I had to restart it after that, but once location support is enabled, it should work.

Otherwise, as I posted in another thread, I'm exceedingly happy with battery life thus far.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Go to app permissions for the Pixel Launcher and turn on location support. I don't remember if I had to restart it after that, but once location support is enabled, it should work.

Otherwise, as I posted in another thread, I'm exceedingly happy with battery life thus far.

I did that and it didn't work. Does it happen instantly or do you need to wait a bit?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
In settings there's a Moves section with things we already have...the battery has been the same as 7.0 today. I'm also using Nova to the benefits are less substantial, I would use Google launcher if I could pull the notification shade down easier than pulling from the top, with Nova I pull down anywhere on the screen.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the "night mode enabler" app still works to bring night mode back? I've been really enjoying having it enabled in 7.0.